• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple pop-ups on file opening

Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i open a pdf file, whether from my desktop or on the server, i get multiple pop-ups that open and auto-close repeatedly (about 8 times in a row). Have tried to open the files in chrome and they open fine without issue. If window is closed and re-opened the process starts again....

image below showing an example of the pop-ups.

How do i get this to stop? Have completely uninstalled and re-installed the software, as well as updating the app also...

Mostyn5FCE_0-1633431071403.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe made changes to the new update which are not user-friendly. I think they will deal with it quickly and it will not be included in the next update. Changing to a different program to open PDF is not completely pointless, it's hard to find a program that 100% replaces Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent over an hour with customer support trying to get mine fixed with no luck. It seems like Adobe has no plan for this. I installed on another computer and same issue. If it weren't for Photoshop and Lightroom I'd cancel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any ideas how we can get more eyes at Adobe on this? At time of writing there have been 2.1K views... This obviously has some impact on the community.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone still using Acrobat Reader;

The wokaround in the thread below solved it for me.

Adobe reader login screen keeps looping and openin... - Adobe Support Community - 12516801

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @ Ruud22261750covs.

This works perfect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ruud22261750covs,

I tried this method, but it broke the users licencing for Illustrator. Indicating that the users license had expired. When I sign them out of Reader and back into CC, Illustrator is again licensed and Reader is back to having this issue. I will be updating the thread you suggested shortly with more detail. 

This workaround is OK, just not an option for users who are utilizing both Illustrator and Reader at the same time. (Back to Edge for PDFs in the time being)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Travis22281633fnn2 thank for highlghting this.

I also ended up with the same issue with AI when I tried to open it.

Having tried alternatives to Adobe, I've un-installed Adobe Reader and am now using Foxit to avoid this while Adobe sort out this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last update (version 2021.011.20039 - 64 bits) seems to solve this issue !

(At least popups aren't displayed anymore)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the update hasn't solved the problem..

Still the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laurent. , Can you provide any more detail of what upgrade path you took when this was sucessful? If I can replicate the steps you took and have sucess that would be great!

Any response is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck for me either, Just tried another fresh install with the same results... I wouldnt think Adobe would leave this broken for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just let Reader DC update itself to the latest version. When I restart the computer, I found a new link on the desktop and since the popups where gone...

You may try the "Search for update" from the help menu to get the latest release if it doesn't update itself.

Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled, cleaned the registry and re-installed some months back, fiddled with CC as well and it did not solve the issue. I then left DC alone while using Foxit and tried DC again after it updated to 2021.011.20039 - 64 bits.

The latest release however did the job and I can confirm it has solved the issue ... for me. Let's see how long it stays that way.

However, I'm used to Foxit by now, so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tried updating to the latest 2021.011.20039 - 64 bits. Having used DC (reluctantly) over the last few months whilst the issue has persisted, I hoped this update would fix the problem. However, it hasn't. 

I followed the same steps, but when I tried logging into my account from the reader it then didn't let me open PSD/AI or any similar programs until I had logged back into CC directly, which then caused the same pop-up issues as always...

I've unmarked your answer as the correct answer for now, as it seems like it only has a 50% success-rate. Hoping that Adobe realise this and pull their finger out to find a solution... I won't hold my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i have install the last version and the problem is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franck

The issue is already reported to our engineering team to find the fix.

We will share the update as soon as will get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. What is up with the delay on this? Your becoming a broken record with the "oh, we have reported this and will get back to you" isn't enough after 5 months of ignoring the issue with a workaround that works for like 30% of people(Which is basically use a different PDF viewer honestly)..

When can we expect some real action to be taken on this issue?

How do we get support for this issue escilated?

It's a free product being affected by CC paid products. There should be a support channel for this issue if CC is going to bind to free products....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure this issue will ever be fixed, I dont know why companys would bother releasing an update like this without testing it. it worked prefectly before the new account set up for CC. that release was shocking I lost all my Ai artwork in my CC folder. No help from adobe at all. It might be easier to find a replacment to Ai and remove CC to use the PDF reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had this problem for several months on a computer running Reader and Illustrator. No fixes or regedits have worked. Unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still a problem here as well.

Uninstaller reinstall didn't work. Work around didn't work.

Getting highly annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Has there been a fix to this?

I have no updates available. It is infuriating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frances,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

Could you please share more details about the issue?

Since when did the issue start occurring?

Share the application and OS version you are using.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

if you read the comments in the thread you will get a better understanding of  what is being used and more importantly the solutions we need to take to work around this issue.

Hard to believe that Adobe have just let this slide for so long. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon Meenakshi.

Since installing about 4 weeks ago this has been happening. I have had a new PC, hence the install. I am using windows 10.

It is adobe acrobat reader for me that has a pop up that repeatedly tries to load and crashes. I can not login, becuase it crashes. 

It happens upon every opening, and i have gone into preferences and made sure it says not to allow pop ups. 

As JIRLS has also replied, please read the comments in the thread. It is the same as other have been experiencing and I have tried all of that which has been suggested to try and fix it. 

There are many people experiencing this issue, please can this be sorted. 

Best wishes

Frances 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We would be needing logs to analyze this particular issue. For this, kindly perform either of the below steps

To capture the logs, please download Adobe log collector tool from here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) and run it. It will generate a ".zxp" file on your machine. Please share the .zxp file with us.

OR

From %temp% folder collect the below folder contents and share them with us:
1. acrobat_sbx
2. NGL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines