• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New version of Acrobat Reader, preventing Acrobat X Pro from working

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a licenced version of Adobe Acrobat X Pro which I use to edit documents I receive. The print function on this old version is not ideal, especially with the latest printers and trying to print on a specific scale.

I therefore have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, which I use for viewing and printing.

Every now and then, when using a "Pro" function in Acrobat X Pro, I will receive an error message:

"A newer version of Acrobat is installed on your machine. You must use Acrobat DC to complete this operation."

The problem is, the DC version is the Reader/free version, and the operation/function I want to complete is not available in the free version.

The result is having to uninstall Acrobat Reader DC to complete the task.

Is there a way to prevent Acrobat Reader DC from blocking the Pro functions of  Acrobat X Pro?

TOPICS
Download and install , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Adobe are moving to make it impossible to have Reader and Acrobat together. I think you're lucky it hasn't uninstalled the "obsolete" Acrobat X, and it might be impossible to get it back. Clearly what Adobe wants is for you to get up to date with an Acrobat DC subscription. Probably safest to get rid of Reader if you don't want to pay for DC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe are moving to make it impossible to have Reader and Acrobat together. I think you're lucky it hasn't uninstalled the "obsolete" Acrobat X, and it might be impossible to get it back. Clearly what Adobe wants is for you to get up to date with an Acrobat DC subscription. Probably safest to get rid of Reader if you don't want to pay for DC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines