• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newly uploaded PDFs to Sharepoint wont open

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here at my day job, we just uploaded about 20 PDFs to a new folder on our Sharepoint and when you try to open the PDFs from File Explorer, Acrobat Pro opens and says "access denied".

If i download the PDF to my desktop, it opens fine. If i right click and "open with" using Chrome or Edge, they open fine.

I've even gone so far as to re-scan the documents and replace them, but still the same issue.

I dont know if this is an Adobe issue or a Sharepoint issue, but we need to access these files!

Does anyone know what i can do to resolve this?

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

I figured it out. Microsoft has a 260 character limit on Sharepoint. This INCLUDES the characters in your file path.

I counted and was at 280 characters, so we just have to rename the files. Easy fix.

But seriously, eff you Microsoft for putting a character limit. Thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard of.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand - if you open a PDF from your desktop, it opens fine but the same file won't open in Acrobat if you're opening it from Sharepoint. That would suggest a Sharepoint issue.

How is your SharePoint linked to your computer? I also have SharePont/OneDrive linked to my day job. I have a OneDrive synched in File Explorer. I can navigate to PDF files there and open them in Acrobat without a problem. If I right click on teh file and chose to view it online, I go to the sharePoint location in my browser. If I clcik on the PDF, it opens in an documentcloud.adobe URL.  From there if I click the Open in Desktop App, it doesn't open immediately in Acrobat (Acrobat DC for me) as it wants to configure the connection.

So, my guess it is the way SharePoint is configured on your end that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. Microsoft has a 260 character limit on Sharepoint. This INCLUDES the characters in your file path.

I counted and was at 280 characters, so we just have to rename the files. Easy fix.

But seriously, eff you Microsoft for putting a character limit. Thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for taking out time and sharing your findings @Shane27510093azhu. We appreciate it!

This would undoubtedly help other users who might go through the same experience.

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines