Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Comments text in "comment summary"

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a comment summary including all the highlighted text in my pdf. However, when I click the 'Create Comment Summary" no text appears in the summary (only a table without the actual highlighted text, which is really what I want!)

What option or menu should I modify to have the actual text in the final  summary? 

Thanks in advance.

I attach image

Jorge5E1B_0-1620351531997.png

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorge

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are not getting any text in the comment summary

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check .

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you did to create the comment summary? Please try to create the comment summary as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/comments.html#print_a_comment_summary and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The comments summary uses the text that's inside the comments, not the one it is placed on top. So if you've highlighted some text on the page, but that text does not appear in the comment's "pop-up" window, then it will show as empty in this summary.

There are a couple of solutions for this:

- Manually copy the text into the comments you already created.

- Use a script to copy the text into the comments you already created, like this (paid-for) one I've developed:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-retroactively-copy-highlighted-text-into-comments

- Set the option to automatically copy the selected text into the highlights (and other types of comments), but this will only apply to new comments you create from that moment on, not to pre-existing ones.

You'll find this setting under Edit (or the app menu if you're on a Mac computer) - Preferences - Commenting - "Copy selected text into Highlight, Cross-Out, and Underline comment pop ups".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines