• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Multiple PDFs in one Window

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening multiple PDFs, we would like them to open in one window/instance of Adobe and then just have multiple tabs for each PDF that is open.

Is there a setting or a fix to make this happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Yes, that's a Reader DC screen shot. It's a free upgrade, and DC can open all of the earlier PDF versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you are looking for?

Acrobat Readerss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, But my setting don't  have that:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's a Reader DC screen shot. It's a free upgrade, and DC can open all of the earlier PDF versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (version 2021.001.20155) installed. I've followed the instructions in this thread to get PDF files to open in one window but that is NOT happening.  I even went so far as to reinstall adobe Acrobat Reader DC (version 2021.001.20155) and have the setting in Preferences set as shown to have PDF files open in one window but they continue to open in separate windows.  I have restarted the software multiple times and have evn restarted my computer. This used to work and I don't know what happened.  My computer is running Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Reader XI Version 11.0.16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upgrade to Reader DC to have this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like upgrading is the only option to get what I need.

I will contact my IT department to see if and/or when this can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just takes a couple of minutes to upgrade... once they show up at your desk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I do not have this option.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not the same as Reader... In Acrobat this option is only available in the Continuous (Subscription) track, not the Classic track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is my face red?! Always thought that Reader was a stripped/ free version of Pro...so there is no setting for this, and I will have to ask some dept. for money for subcription?.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader is a stripped, free version of Acrobat, but in this case it has features that your version doesn't...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat this option is only available in the Continuous (Subscription) track, not the Classic track.

Which is a constant source of confusion for me, try67 ... I have Classic with my Tech Comm Suite license and Continuous with my Creative Cloud subscription—one on the Mac side and on on the Windows side of a single computer. I tend to check whichever one is open when a question comes in and don't seem to have the brain power to remember that what I see in one may not be in the other. Am I the only one wishing for one track for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be only one track, until the two-track system was introduced with Acrobat DC. Personally I think that Adobe should include all the same features in both versions, maybe with a certain delay in the Classic track (since it's updated on a quarterly basis), or rename them so it's not so confusing for users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right? It's been one track since I started teaching Acrobat at v3. The differences between the Mac/Win versions don't bother me, nor Reader/Standard/Pro... it's subtle differences between the two Pro DC tracks that are driving me nuts!

Ok. I'm done. Thanks for listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open PDF in New Window Instead of Tab 2024
https://youtu.be/wQPkieFCPqM

In this step-by-step tutorial, Learn How To Open PDF in New Window Instead of Tab 2024 | ​How to Open Files in Separate Windows This video is for teaching and helping purposes, My goal is to help you save time so you can spend it on the activities that matter. If you like the video, then please ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines