• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out of Memory error after upgrading to Reader X

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several PDF documents that work fine on Reader 9.  But after upgrading to Reader X, the files will not open.  Instead, they report an Out Of Memory error and a blank document opens instead.  Removing Reader X and re-installing Reader 9 corrects the issue. This has been reproduced on 3 different PCs running both Windows XP and Windows 7.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2011 Apr 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats great that you have been able to get that far!!

look forward to your update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to throw in my 2 cents... Adobe has known about the out of memory bug at least since 01/12/2011 because that is when I reported the problem to them.  I even had an escalated support case #181995624 and bug#2800823.  Our problem comes from a EFI Fiery E7000 attached to our Lanier LD460c Copier.  Any pdf's made from that copier will not open in Acrobat X, although they will open in lower versions of Acrobat just fine.  Our only workaround is to keep Acrrobat 9 on office computers, or you can open the offending pdf in Acrobat 9 or earlier and print it to pdf, and then it will open in Acrobat X!!!  They acknowledged that this was a bug, see my email chain below.  This was the last update I received from Adobe, very frustrating...

Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:12 AM
To:
Cc:

Subject: RE: Case 181995624; Unable to open PDF

Hi Phil,

We do not have this information or estimate time by our Engineering team yet.

Regards,

Neeraj

Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 8:19 PM
To:
Cc:

Next major release as in the next patch for Acrobat X, or as in Acrobat 11?

Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 4:31 AM
To:
Cc:
Subject: Case 181995624; Unable to open PDF

Hi Phil,

You can get back to us with the Bug Number provided you earlier based on which we will give you the update by our Engineering team. However, the update for now is that it is decided to fix in our next major release.

Regards,

Neeraj

Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 1:33 AM
To:

Can you send me a link to where I can find information on the bug?

Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 10:14 AM
To:
Cc:

Hi Phil,

Hope you are doing well.

I have researched on your issue and found that it is a BUG with Acrobat X. I have logged it on your behalf so that our Engineering team can have a look on that. Please find the Bug Number #2800823 for any update on this in future. I am closing this case on your behalf.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Neeraj

Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:22 AM
To:
Cc:

Any updates on this case?

Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 2:03 PM
To:
Cc:

The EFI Fiery E-7000 Controller version is 1.2.0 and it handles the scanning and printing functionality of our Lanier LD160c copier.  I have attached two sample files.  One is a 1 page scan from our copier.  The other is a combined pdf that I just created in Acrobat 9.  The first two pages of the combined pdf consists of a webpage that I printed using Acrobat 9 and then the scan from the copier is on the 3rd page.  In Acrobat X, once you get to the 3rd page you will receive the Out of Memory error.  It will open in previous versions of Acrobat just fine though.

Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 11:52 AM
To:
Cc:

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the information.

I have the PDF file provided by you and able to reproduce the behavior. I tried to call you at 214-303-1500 but got voice mail.

Please let me know when you will be available so that I could call you and continue further with this issue.

Regards,

Neeraj

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:57 AM
To:
Cc:
Subject: Re: Case 181995624; Unable to open PDF

It is a walk up copier and we scan to email.  The EFI Fiery controller E7000 handles pdf conversion for the copier, but yes it has the latest firmware.  The bottom line is that we have 3 or 4 years worth of pdfs created from that copier rendered useless by Acrobat X.  They open fine in previous versions of Acrobat.  Did you get the test pdf file when this case was created?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

On Jan 12, 2011 6:12 PM, Acrobat Support <acrots@adobe.com> wrote:

Hi Philip,

Thank you for choosing Adobe Support we have got your concern, we see that you are facing an issue with opening PDF files in Acrobat X, created from Lanier (Ricoh) LD160c copier. A technical support case 181995624 has been created for your reference. In order to assist you further. We would like to have the following information.

·         Are you using the latest scanner driver ?

·         What is the exact scanning workflow ?

Regards

Acrobat Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I posted my last message, I decided to send Adobe another email about the issue.  I

received a response that they are fixing the issue as early as June!  Yay finally!

Sent: Monday, May 30, 2011 5:08 AM
To:

Hi Phil,

The bug logged for the issue is fixed in Acrobat X 10.1.0, and the tentative release date of Acrobat X 10.1.0 is mid June(this year). But this is not confirmed, yet.

Regards

Acrobat Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that it is fixed with Acrobat 10.1 patch that came out yesterday.  Yay finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Reader X in a Windows 7/64 bit environment, out of memory error resolved by updating Reader by going to Help > Check for Updates.  Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue with a web based GIS App that my company uses.  When you loaded the pdf map, Iexplore.exe would crash and then Acrobat 11 would return the Out of Memory error.  I do not know the cause, but I did find a workaround that may provide Adobe engineers a clue.  The user is on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.  He was using the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.  I loaded the same page using the 64-Bit version and voila, it successfully opened the PDF file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tak for Deres henvendelse.

Lasse Froberg er fratrådt sin stilling hos HjulmandKaptain.

Deres mail vil automatisk blive videresendt til Heine Madsen

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED: OUT OF MEMORY ISSUE

I feel, Its not an adobe related issue... its likely to be a memory problem.

Just solved this issue. Has been troubling me for quite sometime. Whenever I export files to pdf, it used to bring up the "out of memory" pop up.

This worked for me.

To force windows to use all the available RAM memory:

Step1: Go to Start Button and Type "Run"

Step 2: In the Run Box: Type "msconfig"  (I'm using windows 7)

Step 3: Go to Boot tab in the System configuration window.

Step 4: Click advanced option and Check the "Maximum memory" Check box (This works for me as i'm working on 4Gb RAM system)

Step 5: Restart when prompted.

OR Watch video on how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SudiKa8HipI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have MacBook Air with OS X 10.9.5. I have installed Adobe Reader 11.0.10 version. Now I am getting error "Out of Memory" while opening my credit card statement PDF file. This file is protected with password, after entering the password its shows the error "Out of memory" and after that I am unable to print the file.

Please help on this

Thanks in advance for all your help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related to this. If I trash a pdf, empty the trash, and then export a new pdf from Indesign and use the same name, when I open the new pdf it is the old version. I have to name it something different for it to appear different. I just did a test with a newly exported correct version of my pdf with a new name. I opened it and it was correctly the new version. I tried to then do a save as and use the old name, I got a message that said I couldn't do that because the file was open, but it wasn't, it had been trashed and the trash emptied. I then closed the doc and did a quick duplication of the file (where it adds the number 2 after the title), and then clicked on the name and titled it the old name. When I tried to open that file I got the "out of memory" message.

This is crazy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening PDF's from clients and suppliers constitutes about 80% of what I currently use Creative Cloud for. Since NONE of them will open on my Win7 pc it represents a pretty useless subscription !! The latest failure was a 127k file !!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm if Abraham123's solution work? I have been having this issue with GIS file for a long time. Won't stop running out of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't work for me.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "out of memory" error from Adobe pops up every so many months or years for us (since ~2001 if memory serves). I've tried a lot of different workarounds and programs such as Nitro, Foxit, Sumatra, .... So far the only one which has worked every single time is GSview, a graphical user interface for the open source Ghostscript interpreter. (Windows only. There are similar programs for other platforms, but I haven't needed to evaluate them.) GSView doesn't have the sophisticated widgets and so on that we've become accustomed to, but it gets the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently ran into the "out of memory" issue with certain PDF's that were exported from our GIS program. We are using Adobe Acrobat X Pro Version 10.1.8. The PDFs in question would crash during opening when using our desktop computers but would open when using a laptop. Our theory was that it was a difference in video drivers between the two systems and how they interacted with Adobe. So to make a long solution short, the fix for us was to turn off the "Smooth images" setting. After that was turned off, our desktops were able to open the PDFs with no errors.

Edit > Preferences > Page Display > Uncheck Smooth images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been many years that this memory bug afflicts acrobat reader.

Even the latest version dc.

I'm amazed how after so many years the big adobe team is not yet able to fix the bug.

So the software is seriously constrained in 2017 and we have to find other alternatives.a acrobat reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines