Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Document only printing half lines?!

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,   

I have a weird problem.  Whenever I try to print PDF's from a particular company, they only print half the line, for the entire document, making it very hard to read.   Every single line only prints the top half of the words.

I am having no problems printing anything else, so it is not my printer. 

I have even tried printing from another computer, and this still happens.  

It is only happening when I try printing from Acrobat Reader.   
Hope somebody can help me please.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021
New Here , May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

This worked for me - I had this exact problem where everything printed fine except for pdf docs from one company only.

I re-saved the document by printing to Microsoft pdf and renaming it, then opened the re-saved document and printed as normal. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share this PDF document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JR Boulay, no sorry I cant share, they contain personal information 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to print this document "as PDF", then try to print (to paper) from the new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sally

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, PDF documents only printing half line.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. Also, please make sure you have the latest version of the application installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

If it doesn't work, please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and reboot the computer and try again.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only) go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup', Turn Off the Protected mode and Uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer.
Note: Turning off the protected mode may possess security risks. Please turn on the security after testing.

Also, what is the make and model of the printer you are using? Please check for any missing /pending updates for printer driver and firmware and try updating it and check if that makes any difference.

You may also look at the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - I had this exact problem where everything printed fine except for pdf docs from one company only.

I re-saved the document by printing to Microsoft pdf and renaming it, then opened the re-saved document and printed as normal. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@robyncc Thank you for sharing this is to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines