• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Icon is not more visible in Email attachments since updated to Mac OS Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated my Imac to Mac OS Ventura the pdf attachements to Emails using Outlook for Mac, doesnt show the adobe icon anymore. Instead of that a little grey icon is showed. Preview and file open are working ok. I contacted Apple and they informed me that the problem lies in the logic how this icons are showed and that this is something Adobe has to adapt.

Can you help me to fix this issue?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 111 Replies 111
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - pdf preview in Apple Mail is not showing correctly for sent AND received pdf attachments. If I drag it to the desktop, it then shows correctly. While not crucial to productivity, it's annoying. Any news on fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem, too, with Apple mail. Ventura 13.0.1 and Acrobat Pro 2017 release (Classic) version 2017.012.30262. Icon shows correctly in file location, but disappears when I import into Apple mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too, Ventura 13.0.1 and Acrobat Pro:

Architecture: arm64

Processor: Apple M1 Max

Build: 22.3.20258.0

AGM: 7.0.1

CoolType: 8.1.0

JP2K: 3.0.1.51486

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. macOS, Ventura 13.0.1, and Acrobat Pro. 

iMac, Apple M1, 2021.

Architecture: arm64

Processor: Apple M1

Build: 22.3.20258.0

AGM: 7.0.1

CoolType: 8.1.0

JP2K: 3.0.1.51486

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I tried everything I suspect, but it persists. At Ventura, Mail runs very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue in Mail apps, but have also spotted there is no icon when you add a pdf to the dock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I am having the same issue on my Mac. Adobe icons seem fine everywhere else except for when attcahing a .pdf document to an email or receiving an email with .pdf documents. I am currently using macOS Ventura13.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... Please help

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Ventura 13.0.1 and Adobe Acrobat 2022.001.20112

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto all of the above for Apple Mail (Ventura). Relieved to see it's a common problem and not just MY problem! PDF files fail to attach properly, no icon, if attaching multiple PDFs only one appears with a blank icon, and it cannot be opened by the recipient. Anxiously awaiting an update by Adobe, hope we get notified of a resolution soon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, this needs to be be fixed ASAP.  The inability to download PDF documents from an Mac Outlook email seriously impairs work flow.  Anf being unable to see what tpye of doc is attached is just plain infuriating. Get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unreal how Adobe does not reply nor intending to fix the issue.

It is frustrating not seeing the icon of .pdf file in the attachment of the outlook 365 or even Apple Mail.

What else can we do?

Did someone contact Apple to be sure that there is not Ventura problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Powerpoint and Excel attachments have their icons in Mail but Adobe PDfs do not. Adobe PDFs do not have icons in Microsoft Outlook either. But this is an Apple problem? A month has gone by since Adobe said their engineers were working on this widespread issue. A month. Still no fix. Not working on fixing the GPU vs CPU color problem either I guess. What a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color bug in InDesign is fixed with Ventura 13.1.

The update was realeased on thuesday. 

but yes, the icon thing is still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue using Mail on my Mac Desktop. Attaching a PDY documentsa shows just as a page, but name still has .pdf and can be opened. When sent receiver also does not see PDF icon, just page icon, but does see file name with the .pdf extension. Since PDF documents on my computer do shoe the PDF icon, this must be a MAC problem whether they admit it or not!

Clayton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Apple update 13.1 did not fix the problem, are we sure this is an Apple problem vs an Adobe problem? Did anyone get a response from either company? I submitted a bug report to apple regarding the issue and still have not heard back.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap. Confirm. The latest build 13.1 doesn't fix this issue. I have Feedback from outlook for Mac support that Apple is responsible for this issue.

ZK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ia not an Adobe issue. I don't use Adobe and I have the same problem. The PDF files are blanc in my mail, but in the Finder they are fine. Once you add a PDF to your dock it's also blanc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... maybe I blamed Adobe too soon then. It's just there are so many bugs in CC (and they can go years unfixed) that I'm a bit triggered! My bad nonetheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that it is not a Adobe bug. I'm using another pdf reader and my pdf-file icon is blanc in Mail, MS Outlook and in the Dock, but in Finder all is ok. The same situation with ZIP files (I have installed and using Keka instead of standart archiver). Update to 13.1 don't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I attach a Microsoft file (Word or Excel) or a pdf file to Microsoft Outlook or to Mail, it appears with a blanc rectangle not displaying the icon type of the file. I tried to uninstall Microsoft and reinstall it and I got the same issue. I lunch the Safe Mode and also same issue. Nothing was working to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 13.1. PDF icon is a plain document icon in Apple Mail. No big deal - just not as easy to find a PDF in multiple attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - the PDF icon does not show correctly when an item is placed in the dock

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 15.32.50.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The discussion has pretty much established this is nothing to do with Adobe, as far as I can see. It might be that Apple will fix it one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke to Adobe yesterday. They indicate that they are looking for a solution with Apple. In fact, they advise me to wait for the next Ventura update and then it should be fixed.

Quote frome Adobe:

(Thu, 29 Dec 2022 11:36:03 GMT): Yes, we have received many issues after the release of Ventura as it is not letting the apps work smoothly, please wait for new update of Ventura so that the issue get fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines