• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "Please wait.." error shows on document attached in email before I click to open it. I don't know if the file was sent to me this way because the error shows before I click on the file to open it. If I click on the file to download it, I receive this "Please wait...PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgarde the latets veriosn of Adobe Reader." Well, I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Mac. I have Mac OS, version 10.13.6. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Hey there!

As shared above, the message appears " Please wait...." 

If you are getting this message while viewing a pdf in a browser, you are most likely trying to open a Dynamic XFA (XML Form Architecture) PDF. To view such pdf documents, we recommend you to download the file locally and open it either in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

For detailed description, please refer to this help article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat-Reader/PDF-won-t-display-Please-wait/td-p/4788543 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite common - some types of file are not viewable in mail.

Download the file to your desktop.

Start Acrobat Reader.

Use Open from the File menu.

Choose the file you saved to the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried following with the tick read only, save in local folder and opening within the acrobat application and I still am getting the error message? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

As shared above, the message appears " Please wait...." 

If you are getting this message while viewing a pdf in a browser, you are most likely trying to open a Dynamic XFA (XML Form Architecture) PDF. To view such pdf documents, we recommend you to download the file locally and open it either in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

For detailed description, please refer to this help article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat-Reader/PDF-won-t-display-Please-wait/td-p/4788543 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem opening a pdf file from the embassy of Canada. The file says "please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the documents, your pdf viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

you can upgrade to the latest version of adobe reader for windows........."

so I tried downloading adobe reader DC, even asked help from adobe but still the error message is that I already have a newer version in my lenovo ideapad 100 windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. When you get the message download the file to your desktop. 

2. Start Acrobat Reader 

3. Open the file you just downloaded but NOT by double clicking it. Use Open from the File menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it but the moment I start the reader it automatically opens the file and it will show the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my lenovo only said its a reader. and I couldn't figure it out what type of reader it is and the icon is different from the acrobat reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may well have more than one app with Reader in the name. Go to the Start menu and choose Acrobat Reader specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help but I already figure it out. I’ve been trying to download the English only version. Which in fact I should have tried downloading the English(UK) version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Glad to hear that you fixed it on your own.

Here's an help article for the same: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat-Reader/PDF-won-t-display-Please-wait/td-p/4788543 where related troubleshooting steps are suggested. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to download is the tricky part. Here's what I have found that works:

1. Log into Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. There's a avatar top right to click. You can use Google, Facebook, etc.

2. Click the link in the email or your browser and say yes to download

3. Return to Acrobat Reader where there should be a notification that a file has been shared with you. You should be able to open it from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO OPTION to download!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this problem is not solved.  The correct answer does not work in 2022 on my Windows 10 computer.   I followed directions in the posts.   I downloaded the PDF to my computer.   Installed the latest version of Adobe acrobat reader DC and I still get please wait.   I am trying to fill out passport documents to get people out of the Ukraine.    Time is of the essence.  Quite Frankly, I am a little dissapointed in Adobe.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure you don't "save" a PDF file by "printing to Microsoft PDF", which doesn't do that. Otherwise... Please look closely at the message. It should be in a window that says "Acrobat Reader" at the top. 

If it DOES NOT say Acrobat Reader follow these instructions carefully, all three steps:

1. When you get the message download the file to your desktop. 

2. Start Acrobat Reader 

3. Open the file you just downloaded but NOT by double clicking it. Use Open from the File menu in  Acrobat Reader.

If it DOES say Acrobat Reader please share a screen shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all that. In fact used Adobe Acrobat DC Pro 2022 and still have the same problem. Adobe is a big disappointment. How dare they put out such a defective product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've struggling with this for some time, but I have found a solution that seems to work well.

If you are getting this message while viewing a pdf in a browser or trying to open an email attachment, you are most likely trying to open a Dynamic XFA (XML Form Architecture) PDF.

To view those pdf documents on PC (not sure re Mac):

1. Download the file locally - to ‘Downloads’ or ‘Save Link As’
  2. Right-click the file, click on ‘Properties’
  3. Tick the ‘Read-only’ box; click ‘Apply’; click ‘OK’
  4. Open it either in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having somewhat of the same issue. I have downloaded my form using the "save link as", and even filled it out in Adobe Acrobat. However, when I try to download it I cannot view the document as a stand-alone pdf unless it is being viewed in Adobe. If you could please assist me, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines