• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Viewer not showing contents from China Bank

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reveiving the below message when trying to open a document from a chinese business partner. I have Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, & Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC at work. What new version would I need in order to get the document to upload? 

Any information would be helpful.

Please wait...
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by
visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

TOPICS
How to , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually means you are viewing it in another app, such as a web browser, email app or similar. You must download the file (Do NOT print to PDF), start Reader, and open the file using Open from the Fike menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this is the message that is received from Adobe when I try to open the Adobe file.  The file is an attachment on the email that is clicked, Adobe will open but displays the context displayed above. I am trying to understand what version of Adobe I would need or language package. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is misleading. Versions of Acrobat since 6.0 can show these files.

Please show a screen shot of your Acrobat Reader window with this message. You need to show all of the window, not just the message. Be sure to remove personal info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew247098448xwr_0-1654249540847.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to download the original file directly. What you did was save the error message page as a new PDF, and then opened that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this seems to be about how you downloaded the file from email, Matthew247098448xwr. Please describe all of the steps you follow to download the file. Screen shots may be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other PDF files open without an issue. The file is a simple PDF attachment see first screen shot below attached to the email. Normally, I would perform a simple double click on the file for it to be pulled up in the viewer. I have tried downloading the file as well but it still comes up with the same result. Either way this does not seem to solve the issue. Please see the images below, but what I am truly hoping to clarify is if my Adobe reader or pro needs to be upgraded. My own IT department can not open this file.

Matthew247098448xwr_0-1654260458312.png

Matthew247098448xwr_1-1654260562514.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Please confirm what steps you take once the right click menu is shown - in your screen shot.

2. Please open the file in Reader and use File > Properties. Click the Description tab at the top and show a screen shot of all of the properties (from File at the top to OK at the bottom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines