• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs opening in gibberish for some but not others

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few users who cannot open certain pdfs with out it being gibberish, they can how ever open pdfs form other senders and the appear fine. I can open the pdfs that appear in gibberish for the user, and the pdf looks normal. I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe reader and it worked for a little and now the user sees gibberish again. I am not sure what is changing in between that Adobe needs to keep being uninstalled.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your pa

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here since about one week

Fit with last update of Adobe I think!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akanchha,

One computer has trouble rending PDFs that use the Arial font.

Help->Check for updates resulted in a message that Reader DC was up to date.

I tried "Repair installation", no change in behavior

I tried downloading the update via the link you provided and installing it.  Still no change.

Similar to what others have reported.  This same pdf renders fine on other machines. 

On the machine having difficulty, it renders fine in Chrome, and the Windows pdf reader, but not in IE or Reader DC.

I am not sure if Chrome has its own renderer, but I am fairly sure IE uses an Adobe plug-in.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

this solution does not work anymore. Ive tried to trigger the update through Help> Check for update also uninstalled and install. 

Any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helping one of our installations.. we have had our IT company look into the problem.. they have contacted adobe on it and yet still the issue exists randomly on only ONE pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening. I just got a message that adobe replaced Arial font with some random font I have never heard of. Adobe DC. All updates installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Page Display, and under rendering, select "Use Local Fonts", Click OK and see if this brings any difference.

Make sure that the fonts are installed on the local machine. If you have Acrobat installed, run the Font Fixup from Preflight(Optimize PDF tool).

Is it specific to one PDF or with all the PDF files? Are you using freeware Adobe Reader or Acrobat and what is the version of Acrobat/Reader installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sri, the "use local fonts" option solve my problem of not showing Arial fonts in pdf documents, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is perfect answer and solve my problem- tthank you 

Edit>Preferences>Page Display, and under rendering, select "Use Local Fonts", Click OK and see if this brings any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same problem. Software and preferences up-to-date. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gibberish again...did the use local fonts trick...no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue for us, only current fix is to use another pdf viewer 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines