Please fix the read mode view

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Support

everytime i ctrl-H my document goes fullscreen

it behaves the same as ctrl-L

this is very annoying for me as i want the read mode view please as it was still windowed without all the toolbars.

I ahve tried to repair installation in the help menu, worked the first time, but now it has happened again and is not solving the issue.

Puulling hair out

Yours faithfully

John Murray

TOPICS
How to , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

I know this discussion has been years, but I had the same issue and after reading different discussions and adobe-related forums, I haven't found any answer, but I've figured out a solution that worked at least for me.

Go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "General" tab > click on the "Touch Mode" drop-down menu and select "Auto-Detect"  as well as with "Scale for screen resolution (restart required)" option.

Click "OK" and restart (close and open) Adobe reader.

Now try the read-mode "Ctrl+H" and it sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this issue

It still annoys me that read mode isnt working.

It goes fullscreen when i ctrl - H

PLease fix this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix Read mode ctrl-h

It is not working for me

it is the only view mode i want.

please fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that and the delay in response.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working as it should. Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20048 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also please try to repair the installation (Win Only) from the help menu. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this discussion has been years, but I had the same issue and after reading different discussions and adobe-related forums, I haven't found any answer, but I've figured out a solution that worked at least for me.

Go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "General" tab > click on the "Touch Mode" drop-down menu and select "Auto-Detect"  as well as with "Scale for screen resolution (restart required)" option.

Click "OK" and restart (close and open) Adobe reader.

Now try the read-mode "Ctrl+H" and it should work as it's supposed to instead of being full-screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines