• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pop ups How do I stop this pop-up? It happens every time I open a pdf.

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Pop up.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the pop up 'have you installed the right Acrobat'

Please go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Under, Messages from Adobe , Uncheck 'Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat Reader DC ' > Click OK and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn’t work. I unchecked, clicked ok, rebooted and still get the pop up.
I unchecked again, check don’t show pop up’s whne I open pdf, clicked ok, rebooted and still get pop ups.
It’s not saving.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you're getting the message because you paid for Acrobat but aren't using it. So why not fix the message by actually using what you pay for? Would you like some assistance in understanding what is going on? This is a confusing area, but suppressing messages isn't the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat 21.001.20150

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screen shot of Acrobat, with the message AND especially with its title bar (Windows) or the menu bar (Mac). Also, what subscription or product do you pay for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought DC I did start to buy Pro but realized I don't need all the extras

Adobe Screen.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. I can see it's Reader, and you know it's Reader, but Reader thinks you should be running Acrobat. At this point I'd recommend taking a good look at your Adobe account, and make sure it didn't sign you up (and would be charging you)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want Acrobat, I canceled the plan, I've tried unistalling it and the pop ups won't stop. Please tell me how to make  it stop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what an aggrevating comment.  People have reasons to open whatever software they want.  they shouldnt be forced to click through pop ups to use the software they are trying to use....how about a simple do not show this again checkbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you kidding me? Adobe will never fix this "problem" they don't care about users. they only care about subscriptions and keeping their investors happy. It truly is a non-caring-about-user-company. I care about people, i know. I know what not caring about people looks like and Adobe is a perfect example of what not careing about people looks like. I've had problems in other adobe products. Bugs that have persisted for over a decade and still they refuse to issue a fix because they just dont care. they really dont. If i were you reading this, i'd go straight to the cancel subscription button and cancel them like really soon. it's the only way adobe will register tht there is a problem. they dont monitor software issues, they monitor quarterly results. thats it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem with pop ups and I did pay for an Adobe Package to edit, e-signatures etc.,  No matter what I try, (and I tried all the above) I still get the pop us every time I use adobe and every time I open a new pdf, and every time i send something out for signature.  There is no box to check "do not show this again.  Thanks, Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Cindy J 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

This issue is reported to our engineering team and is being worked on.

The Fix will be available in the future updates.

Thanks for your time and patience.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It makes me crazy. Please do something ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We do not have any fixed timeline, we will keep you posted as soon as we get any update.

Thanks for your time and patience.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drives us crazy! Poppups are apparently installed on our own computer! Opens all the time over any work at hand, no adobe software! This is illegal practice in our country . Highly agressive, indecent marketing behaviour. 'Buy today, exclusive deals'. In Dutch. Please STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP this!!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The issue is addressed with our latest version 23.06.20360. Go to Hamburger menu at the top left corner > Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem persist 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please update the application to the new version 23.0.20380 from the help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Amal, this update did not correct the pop-ups.  Intentional or negligent poor programming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version23.08.2042X  installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, share a small video recording of the steps and the issue you are experiencing for more clarity.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader 7 Day Free Trial pop up has ruined my computer.  Cannot work with any pdf or other documents.  How do you get rid of this pop up from hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message. I followed your instructions to disable Adobe Acrobat Reader DC messages on startup. After rebooting, the issue persists. Any further guidance or assistance would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the pop up message that you are getting? Also make sure you have the application updated to the latest version 23.08.2042X Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done these steps and the problem persists. 

image.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines