• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem signing with certificate after installation of a new one.

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thanks in advance.

I used to use acrobat reader DC to sign my documents using a certificate. After my certificate expired, I installed a new one. It is contained in the windows certificates store. Now, when I use the option in Acrobat R. DC certificates/signing,  it asks me to create a new digital Id. It won't recognaize the Id linked to my new certificate as valid to sign, as it used ti do with the old certificate. I tried to manage the digital Id, and set my certificate as the digital id by default to sign, but Adobe Acorbat DC does not offer the opption to sign with it in the "use options" of the digital id option.

What is the problem?

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Hi @Angel27217736p3f7,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your trouble with Acrobat Reader.

We have a help article that might have an answer to your question. Would you mind giving it a try: Certificate-based signatures, Adobe Acrobat

Let us know if this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Angel27217736p3f7,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your trouble with Acrobat Reader.

We have a help article that might have an answer to your question. Would you mind giving it a try: Certificate-based signatures, Adobe Acrobat

Let us know if this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the digital certificate, not Acrobat, probably the purpose of it (I think it's not meant for signing, just identification). I tried with another certificate and I was able to sign.

The post can be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Angel27217736p3f7,

Thank you for letting us know that it worked.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines