• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Acrobat has encountered a problem. Some features may not work as expected" Server 2012 R2

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody.

A few days ago, colleagues of mine reported that the signing function was not working anymore. When they clicked on the signing page, they were shown the error "Acrobat has encountered a problem. Some features may not work as expected". When they clicked on "Learn More", they were forwarded to this website: Resolve errors related to the AcroCEF/RdrCEF processes of Acrobat or Acrobat Reader (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrocef-rdrcef-errors.html)

I have tried multiple things:

- Update, Reboot

- Uninstall, Registry Clean, Re-Install

- Uninstall, AcroCleaner, Reboot, Re-Install

Nothing has worked. Right now, the error also appears a fes seconds after I have opened a PDF. I can click on "OK", but when I want to sign the document, it happends again.

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous Release 2021.007.20099, it is the 32-bit version. It runs on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

Any suggestions? We need the signing-function in our day-to-day business on this Windows Server (most of us are Linux users) and I would be happy to be guided into the right direction 🙂 If I can provide any more useful information, please let me know.

Best

Daniel

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem. Very behind with having documents done as keep hoping that an update will fix the problem. 
I'm surprised there has been no response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Adobe's virtual chat was useless and I can't find a link to email them.  Anyone make any progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue with a couple of our end users. Tried everything suggested by Adobe but nothing works. Any got anything else we can try? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can try disabling your antivirus or uninstalling the antivirus and check if it works after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have found a fix which works for us and it's the most simplest solution you could think of!
Simply press the check box for Don't show this message again and press Ok. This then allowed our users to sign PDF's again! No idea how it works but we tried it for multiple users and it works each time!
Hope this works for anyone else having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have found a fix which works for us and it's the most simplest solution you could think of!
Simply press the check box for Don't show this message again and press Ok. This then allowed our users to sign PDF's again! No idea how it works but we tried it for multiple users and it works each time! 
Hope this works for anyone else having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work for us. The tools still can't be used. we just don't get the pop up message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any update on this issue on why this happens? we are effected with this issue and we cannot turn off Antivirus in enterprise.

Appreciate if anyone can help with the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I found a solution for this. Control panel_Uninstall a program_change_slect first circle from the window_Ok

This worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try compatibility..right click icon then compatibility 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just encountered this on Apple Silicon, Sonoma 14.1 running (at this time) latest 2023.006.20360 Universal version. I had to force quit the app, open "Get Info" on the app, and enable "Open using Rosetta". Haven't encountered issues since. Will report back if I find anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had trouble with various tricks, but to my surprise, re-installing Acrobat resolved the issue. Now, all the tools remain in the menu without disappearing when I click on something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this issue but it was not with signing documents. It was just trying to edit them. found that the new Adobe Acrobat UI is not working properly. I switched back to the old UI by clicking the Menu, and disabling new Acrobat. Then no more issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solved my issue....thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome glad to hear that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Your suggestion worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found that by disabling Enhanced Security, this has resolved my issues.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown]
"bEnhancedSecurityStandalone"=dword:00000000
"bProtectedMode"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\cDefaultExecMenuItems]
"tWhiteList"="Close|GeneralInfo|Quit|FirstPage|PrevPage|NextPage|LastPage|ActualSize|FitPage|FitWidth|FitHeight|SinglePage|OneColumn|TwoPages|TwoColumns|ZoomViewIn|ZoomViewOut|ShowHideBookmarks|ShowHideThumbnails|Print|GoToPage|ZoomTo|GeneralPrefs|SaveAs|FullScreenMode|OpenOrganizer|Scan|Web2PDF:OpnURL|AcroSendMail:SendMail|Spelling:Check Spelling|PageSetup|Find|FindSearch|GoBack|GoForward|FitVisible|ShowHideArticles|ShowHideFileAttachment|ShowHideAnnotManager|ShowHideFields|ShowHideOptCont|ShowHideModelTree|ShowHideSignatures|InsertPages|ExtractPages|ReplacePages|DeletePages|CropPages|RotatePages|AddFileAttachment|FindCurrentBookmark|BookmarkShowLocation|GoBackDoc|GoForwardDoc|DocHelpUserGuide|HelpReader|rolReadPage|HandMenuItem|ZoomDragMenuItem|CollectionPreview|CollectionHome|CollectionDetails|CollectionShowRoot|&Pages|Co&ntent|&Forms|Action &Wizard|Recognize &Text|P&rotection|&Sign && Certify|Doc&ument Processing|Print Pro&duction|Ja&vaScript|&Accessibility|Analy&ze|&Annotations|D&rawing Markups|Revie&w"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\cDefaultFindAttachmentPerms]
"tSearchAttachmentsWhiteList"="3g2|3gp|3gpp|3gpp2|aac|ac3|aif|aiff|ani|asf|avi|bmp|cdr|cur|divx|djvu|doc|docx|dv|emf|eps|flv|f4v|gif|ico|iff|jbig2|jp2|jpeg|jpg|m2v|m4a|m4b|m4p|m4v|mid|mkv|mov|mpa|mp2|mp3|mp4|mts|nsv|ogg|ogm|ogv|pbm|pgm|png|ppm|ppt|pptx|ps|psd|qt|rtf|riff|svg|tif|ts|txt|ram|rm|rmvb|vob|wav|wma|wmf|wmv|xmb|xls|xlsx"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\cDefaultLaunchAttachmentPerms]
"tBuiltInPermList"="version:1|.ade:3|.adp:3|.app:3|.arc:3|.arj:3|.asp:3|.bas:3|.bat:3|.bz:3|.bz2:3|.cab:3|.chm:3|.class:3|.cmd:3|.com:3|.command:3|.cpl:3|.crt:3|.csh:3|.desktop:3|.dll:3|.exe:3|.fxp:3|.gz:3|.hex:3|.hlp:3|.hqx:3|.hta:3|.inf:3|.ini:3|.ins:3|.isp:3|.its:3|.job:3|.js:3|.jse:3|.ksh:3|.lnk:3|.lzh:3|.mad:3|.maf:3|.mag:3|.mam:3|.maq:3|.mar:3|.mas:3|.mat:3|.mau:3|.mav:3|.maw:3|.mda:3|.mdb:3|.mde:3|.mdt:3|.mdw:3|.mdz:3|.msc:3|.msi:3|.msp:3|.mst:3|.ocx:3|.ops:3|.pcd:3|.pi:3|.pif:3|.prf:3|.prg:3|.pst:3|.rar:3|.reg:3|.scf:3|.scr:3|.sct:3|.sea:3|.shb:3|.shs:3|.sit:3|.tar:3|.taz:3|.tgz:3|.tmp:3|.url:3|.vb:3|.vbe:3|.vbs:3|.vsmacros:3|.vss:3|.vst:3|.vsw:3|.webloc:3|.ws:3|.wsc:3|.wsf:3|.wsh:3|.z:3|.zip:3|.zlo:3|.zoo:3|.pdf:2|.fdf:2|.jar:3|.pkg:3|.tool:3|.term:3|.acm:3|.asa:3|.aspx:3|.ax:3|.ad:3|.application:3|.asx:3|.cer:3|.cfg:3|.chi:3|.class:3|.clb:3|.cnt:3|.cnv:3|.cpx:3|.crx:3|.der:3|.drv:3|.fon:3|.gadget:3|.grp:3|.htt:3|.ime:3|.jnlp:3|.local:3|.manifest:3|.mmc:3|.mof:3|.msh:3|.msh1:3|.msh2:3|.mshxml:3|.msh1xml:3|.msh2xml:3|.mui:3|.nls:3|.pl:3|.perl:3|.plg:3|.ps1:3|.ps2:3|.ps1xml:3|.ps2xml:3|.psc1:3|.psc2:3|.py:3|.pyc:3|.pyo:3|.pyd:3|.rb:3|.sys:3|.tlb:3|.tsp:3|.xbap:3|.xnk:3|.xpi:3|.air:3|.appref-ms:3|.desklink:3|.glk:3|.library-ms:3|.mapimail:3|.mydocs:3|.sct:3|.search-ms:3|.searchConnector-ms:3|.vxd:3|.website:3|.zfsendtotarget:3"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\cDefaultLaunchURLPerms]
"tSchemePerms"="version:2|shell:3|hcp:3|ms-help:3|ms-its:3|ms-itss:3|its:3|mk:3|mhtml:3|help:3|disk:3|afp:3|disks:3|telnet:3|ssh:3|acrobat:2|mailto:2|file:1|rlogin:3|javascript:4|data:3|jar:3|vbscript:3"
"tSponsoredContentSchemeWhiteList"="http|https"
"tFlashContentSchemeWhiteList"="http|https|ftp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtmpt|rtmpte|rtmps|mailto"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines