• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"PDF missing component" (QuickBooks) [locked]

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct a "PDF missing component" error message after opening Quiockbooks Pro 2020 in Windows 11

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Hi @Patrice28265749ep0h 

Thanks for reaching out.

We assume you are getting this error while opening a PDF in QuickBooks Pro. Is that right?

Would you mind confirming the exact version of Acrobat Reader you have installed on your machine?

Please check the following update:

1. Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to the Current Release.
  2. Update  Adobe Acrobat Reader 

Go to Acrobat> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manu

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Thanks for reaching out!

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like you're encountering a "Missing PDF Component" error when trying to print from QuickBooks. This error can occur when the necessary components for printing to PDF are missing or damaged.

To resolve this issue, I suggest checking out the following article: Fix QuickBooks Missing PDF Component. It provides step-by-step instructions on how to resolve the "Missing PDF Component" error in QuickBooks.

In the meantime, you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Patrice28265749ep0h 

Thanks for reaching out.

We assume you are getting this error while opening a PDF in QuickBooks Pro. Is that right?

Would you mind confirming the exact version of Acrobat Reader you have installed on your machine?

Please check the following update:

1. Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to the Current Release.
  2. Update  Adobe Acrobat Reader 

Go to Acrobat> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

3.  If that doesn't work, then, 

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s file traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html 

Download the Acrobat Reader installer from here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Let us know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Dell computer with the Windows 11 operating system and Adobe is very much up to date.  I'm not getting the error message when trying to open a PDF.

I'm getting the error message after opening the Quickbooks program.

Patrice

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out!

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like you're encountering a "Missing PDF Component" error when trying to print from QuickBooks. This error can occur when the necessary components for printing to PDF are missing or damaged.

To resolve this issue, I suggest checking out the following article: Fix QuickBooks Missing PDF Component. It provides step-by-step instructions on how to resolve the "Missing PDF Component" error in QuickBooks.

In the meantime, you may also want to try updating QuickBooks to the latest version and ensuring that your printer drivers are up to date.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

From Fiat Lux – ASIA - To resolve the issue, search at the bottom of your Windows 11 screen for "run." Then ope the "Run App" that came up under your search and typed "optionalfeatures" into the Run App. A "Windows Features" window then open and scroll down to "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" and check the box next to it. I then pressed "OK". You should be able to start creating PDF Invoices again. 

I had to restart my computer to get it to work. But it worked for me! Thanks Fiat Lux Asia

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/800875

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnks! It work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my night!!  Yay, thank you for sharing the fix, worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you!  I spent hours trying to figure this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was such an easy fix compared to all of the other things I had already tried. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bless You - it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH!  Worked for me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the sharing!  I have been working on this error for the whole afternoon until I saw your answer.  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After one month trying out everything, this SOLVED THE PROBLEM!

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! I tried everything in the article by Quickbooks to no avail, but this worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been encountering QuickBooks Error 12029 while trying to update my QuickBooks software. This error is causing a lot of disruption in my work. Can you provide some troubleshooting solutions to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I encountered the error message that states, “QuickBooks Detected that a Component Required to Create PDF is Missing Issue,” when trying to print documents and reports. QuickBooks continuously displayed this error message every time I tried to run this operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Markwilliams

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out. 

Please go through the correct answer marked in the similar discussion (https://adobe.ly/48lBYGO) and see if that works for you.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines