• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated requests to sign in

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC keeps asking me to sign in each time a pdf is opened, despite the "Stay signed in" box being ticked. Screen shot attached.Capture.PNG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Appreciate the prompt response, Richard.

Could you verify if compatibility mode checkbox is checked for Reader DC ? It may cause the issue with "Stay signed in". Please un-check it and relaunch Reader, then it should remember sign-in. 

Thanks,

Sumita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richardr74482496,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. It would really help, if you could provide some more information around the workflow like:

1) Does the sign-in window comes every time you open a pdf (is it local pdf), on Reader? Is it coming with each pdf, or some specific pdf?

2) Did you signed-in in Reader (as Adobe-id, or via Google/ Facebook) and seeing sign-in dialog again (despite stay sign-in being checked)?

3) Does Reader DC gives Sign-in prompt at launch? Or is it only when a pdf is opened?

4) Could you tell the Adobe Reader version (Help->About Acrobat Reader DC) and OS, where you are getting this issue.

Thanks for your support,

Sumita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumita

Thanks for your attention. To answer your questions:

1. The sign-in window always appears when I open Acrobat Reader. Once open, and signed-in, the window does not appear with every pdf. It seems to be somewhat random. It doesn't seem to matter whether the pdf is already on the system or being downloaded from another source.

2.  I sign in using an Adobe ID, and have to provide the password - even though the Srat signed in box is ticked.

3.  The prompt appears at the launch, and sometimes subsequently when a pdf is opened.

4. Windows 10. Acrobat Reader DC Version 2017.012.20095.

Thanks again

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the prompt response, Richard.

Could you verify if compatibility mode checkbox is checked for Reader DC ? It may cause the issue with "Stay signed in". Please un-check it and relaunch Reader, then it should remember sign-in. 

Thanks,

Sumita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Please humour an older person. I can't find this drop-down screen. Where do I look?

Thanks.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry, please use the steps below:

1. Enter the name of the program in the search box on the taskbar, press and hold (or right-click) the search result, and then select Open file location.
  2. Press and hold (or right-click) the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

(Alternately, if you have Acrobat Reader DC icon at desktop, you could Right click at it, and select Properties and then select Compatibility tab)

Thanks,

Sumita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll try that and let you know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simita

That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have Pro DC version 2021.00120135

I dont even have the stay signed in option

How can I stay signed without having to sign in EVERYTime I get a PDF?

bt77@msn.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Macintosh but I think the Windows directions gave me a clue what to look for in that version. There' nothing like Compatibility Mode in the long list of options in preferences in this version. My suggestion would be that when such advice is given that the 20% or so who use Macintosh computers not be ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am using a Mac computer and I am having the same issue that I need to sign in everytime I login Adobe Acrobat. I did not have this issue before the latest updates. My Adobe Acrobat version is: 2020.013.20064.

I tried to find the "compartibility mode" tab as suggested and could not find it. 

Kindly help.

I could not find the 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with my Mac! It drives me nuts. And once I get signed in, it either does not reopen the PDFs I had open before (even though I have that option turned on), but the "recently open" list is also wildly out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happens on macbook! Is there any solution to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i found a solution for mac: Preferences >> Adobe Online Services >> uncheck "sync settings" option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was helpful, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines