• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snapshot?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer crashed, now on a new one but my pdf's come up differently.  I cannot find the snapshot tool anywhere.  There is a tool bar at the top of the pdf but no snapshot.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Please go to the Help menu. Does it say Help > About Acrobat Reader or About Adobe Reader or similar? If so, please click on that and tell us the version you see, such as 11.2.33 or 2016.343.343434.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the Help menu. Does it say Help > About Acrobat Reader or About Adobe Reader or similar? If so, please click on that and tell us the version you see, such as 11.2.33 or 2016.343.343434.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry all,

I needed to Download Reader and set as default.  It was downloading the PDF with a Microsoft program.  All is well now.  Thanks,  Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest 2021.011.20039 and the snapshot option has completely disappeared on all documents . . . I scan documents no security settings . . . and want to cut images to other programs like PPT . . . there is no option for snapshot . .. 

Please advise. Windows 10. Acrobat DC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find it at the Edit menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not there . . . it has completely vanished . . . been gone for about a month . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see at the Edit menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately my security settings will not let me take a screen shot of this but suffice it to say in Windows it used to be there and now it isn't. This feature is different and more precise than Cntl-Print screen. I used it extensively. And No, it is not a secure document since I created myself . . . scanned a page wanting to use it in a PPT . . . and it applies universally to all my PDF docs now. Even older documents. rotate pages, protection, preferences and a thing called redact text and images (which currently is not highlighted) but no snapshot like it used to be. I use this feature a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is available in the Edit menu of Acrobat Reader DC:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, they moved it and placed it under more . . . it used to be in the main Edit menu clearly visible . . .

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY?  WHY WHY WHY WHY??????????  I have spent all day screaming about this and I thought I was going crazy!!!!!  WHY WOULD THEY MOVE THIS?  DON'T THEY REALIZE SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING OUT HERE??????  Thanks Keith I am so glad I found your question..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is obvious to some is not to all. And when I moused over I never saw the expansion . . . so it is easy to miss when you are accustomed to something else (been using it for more than 5+ years . . .)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg i was going crazy too!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was stressing trying to find a work around for my Mecari labels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

now...is there any way to put it back to where it was?  it was replaced on the main EDIT section as REDACT AND EDIT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't move it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I was wracking my brain trying to find this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!  I use the Snapshot capability often and I never would have found the solution without your post.

I did go to the Adobe Help and searched "Snapshot tool".  The answer I found (from Septmber 2020) described the "old" way of finding and using the tool as follows:

The Snapshot tool copies an area as an image that you can paste into other applications.

1. Choose Edit > Take A Snapshot.
  2. Drag a rectangle around the area you want to copy, and then release the mouse button.
  3. Press the Esc key to exit Snapshot mode.

In another application, choose Edit > Paste to paste the copied image.

Again, thank you for your thorough and helpful post.  I did not think to look under the Edit option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!!

Really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. Exactly the same. Where and why has this essential feature gone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file secured, by any chance? What does it say under File - Properties - Security?

Also, you can always use the OS's built-in screenshot tool. I don't see why this tool is even necessary in the application, to be honest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I had the same problem, I use Snapshot all the time.

I erased Adobe off my laptop & reloaded it, same problem.

No hidden away under another button !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's still there, just in another location. See above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines