• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was an error while copying to the Clipboard. An internal error occurred.

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this question has been on for a long time but everyone seems to ignore it, so I'll just give it another shot.
I get this error when trying to copy something.

Most of the time, if i ignore the error I can still find it in the clipboard.

Sometimes I'm lucky and it doesn't happen (using the same document), so this clears that it has no copyright protection.

Yesterday I worked all day on a document with no problems, but today I'm losing a lot of time dealing with the problem and trying to fix it. (hope this clears that I have all software up to date and no plugins missing)

The thing is that I often work on asian character texts and ignoring the error does no good because all I have left in the clipboard is junk data (an example of copied text: ‘¾—zŒõ”­“dƒVƒXƒeƒ€‚ÌLCA)

If I try to copy again, sometimes it works (I have to try from 3 up to more than 15 times though), but I will get the error when I try copying the next word.
I really doubt there's an instant solution for this, so all I'm asking is for you to stop ignoring this issue and try to release an update with a fix for this before people start switching to other programs.
Pretty please??
Thank you

P.S.

As you can see, no answer

since 2008

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1171929#1171929

up to 2011
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4064251#4064251

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

I was having this problem on Acrobat X and I tried everything in this thread and nothing worked and now I finally tried this:

Help Menu -> "Repair Adobe Reader Installation"

And BOOM it's all fixed!!!!!  No more stupid copy error!!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

After I uninstall Viber on my PC, the problem is solved. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clipboard Error: internal problem occured.

The solution that worked for me is this:

With the pdf file open. Go to Edit on the top left  bar. Go to Preferences. On the left side, go to Security (Enhanced) 

then under the Sandbox Protections,  uncheck the 1st check box "Enable protected mode at start up (Preview)"

Then click okay.  

This worked for me. I have no idea how the checkbox got checked. But it made every .pdf file unable to copy and paste to another file or program.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well in my case. When i start to create a new file and copy the clip board to made a image Coc Base. It will also show me same clip board error. I thinks a lot but and tried to solve this but i can't. But i don't give up still i finding the the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed out several programs and websites that I had opened.  No luck.

Then closed the pdf I was working on and re-opened it.  

No error message.  Copied and pasted fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have this same issue. Have tried literally every single suggestion given and nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I uninstall Viber on my PC, the problem is solved. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines