• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to close, minimize, or adjust window size in Acrobat

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem: I have a laptop with external monitors, windows 10. If I have the Acrobat Reader window open maximized on my PRIMARY monitor, at some point, I will be unable to use the system buttons, I can't click on anything on the top right of the screen (maximize, minimize, etc. in that region of the screen). If I pull the Acrobat Reader window to my secondary and maximize it, I can click on everything.

I tried to uninstall, reinstall, update the program but the problem persist, can anyone help me?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

I found for my users the following solutions solved this problem:

Solution 1 - Press F11 to go into fullscreen. Press F11 again to bring it back to windowed. The toolbar should return to normal. If not, go to Solution 2. 

Solution 2 - Simultaneously press CTRL + SHIFT + WINDOWS KEY + B on your keyboard for a few seconds. Your monitors will turn off for a brief moment than come back on. This restarts the graphics. This should fix the issue.

Solution 3 - Worst case, a restart should fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Windows 10 display scaling issue.  Mostly with Intel Video Drivers.  Right-click on your desktop and select Intel Graphics settings, then select Display, then set the scaling setting to Maintain Display Scaling.  Do this on both monitors or on the one that is having the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi justind,

despite your instructions, unfortunately the problem has not been solved. Sorry if I answer only now but I waited a few days from the moment I applied your possible solution.

Other solutions that can solve the problem? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that changing the refresh rate from 59p, which is what mine was using, to 60p solved my problem.  My problem was exactly like you described and I did this for both monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem... three monitors and one had my Adobe Acrobat DC locked into it, but I couldn't get it to respond. I checked my refresh rate and found that specific screen was set to 59 while the other screens were 60. I changed it and it instantly responded. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me! thx a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justin:

I encountered this exact problem today. After reading your suggestion I turned off my external monitor, unplugged it and tried again (on the primary display, the built-in monitor on my Lenovo "Yoga" laptop). Suddenly Acrobat behaves perfectly! So I guess I'll have to try checking the Intel Graphics Display Scaling...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got almost the same issue when using Adobe Acrobat DC on a computer using two monitors, when you click restore down, it does not restore down instead it disabled the three button option on top of the menu, also it cannot move to another monitor. I got it fixed by following justind45501165 recommendation but instead of selecting Maintain Display Scaling, I selected Maintain Aspect Ratio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found for my users the following solutions solved this problem:

Solution 1 - Press F11 to go into fullscreen. Press F11 again to bring it back to windowed. The toolbar should return to normal. If not, go to Solution 2. 

Solution 2 - Simultaneously press CTRL + SHIFT + WINDOWS KEY + B on your keyboard for a few seconds. Your monitors will turn off for a brief moment than come back on. This restarts the graphics. This should fix the issue.

Solution 3 - Worst case, a restart should fix the issue. I've found that Solution 2 has high success though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TerraSE96 - This worked! Thank you very much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does fix anythng.  I have 100 programs that work well and Abode Acrobat doesn't work so guess who I think should fixt the stupid program?  If you guessed Adobe, your right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I upgraded to Acrobat Pro 2023 yesterday, and had this problem. Terra5E96's Solution 1 worked for me, however on a Mac you can press Cmd+L to go in and out of fullscreen mode. Once you come out, you can finally see the resize arrows at the sides or corners of your window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines