• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Print .pdf files using Acrobat Reader DC ver: 2019.010.20098

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to print .pdf files using the free Reader app on my 2012 Apple Macmini, but that function now fails.

The machine is running High Sierra, OS X 10.13.6. and I can use Reader to open .pdf files without any problem and the File/Print option is available in the menu options.

However, when trying to print I receive an error message that printing has "Stopped, Can't open private/var/spool/cups/tmp/abc123xxx"

My investigations have confirmed the same files can be printed succesfully using Apple's built-in Preview app, confirming that the document, printer and file are good.

I can also confirm other documents from Pages, Word and emails print quite happily from the same machine and printer setup, again localising the issue to Reader itself.

There appear to be no new updates for Reader, and I note other forum entries also relating to this issue, I have tried the uninstall/reinstall fix, but without success.

Anyone here able to suggest a solution please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Hi Akki_24,  the whole problem was the fact that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC would not print .pdf documents, so I find it odd that you are asking me if I can print documents?

Anyway, robertm86871623and Abambomight also like to know, the good news is that issue has been resolved by completely uninstalling all the Adobe software and then removing any and all Adobe entries from within the /Library files (Application Support, Cache, Preferences, Printers etc).

I then re-installed Reader DC and can now pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnp,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for giving the detailed information about the issue.

Have you opened the file in Acrobat DC and then gave the print command?

johnp32840964

However, when trying to print I receive an error message that printing has "Stopped, Can't open private/var/spool/cups/tmp/abc123xxx"

Looking at the description given above, it seems there is some trouble accessing that location-private/var/spool/cups/tmp/abc123xxx

You may check the permission on this location. Or try putting file to some other location and then open via Adobe Reader and Print. Check with other pdfs and see if multiple files are causing problem.

In addition: you can check if you have got your printer drivers updated or not?

Preview might not have any difficulties to access the file as its Mac's own PDF viewer.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akki_24,  the whole problem was the fact that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC would not print .pdf documents, so I find it odd that you are asking me if I can print documents?

Anyway, robertm86871623and Abambomight also like to know, the good news is that issue has been resolved by completely uninstalling all the Adobe software and then removing any and all Adobe entries from within the /Library files (Application Support, Cache, Preferences, Printers etc).

I then re-installed Reader DC and can now print .pdf documents, so it seems the installation was corrupted.

I hope this helps other users experiencing the same issue.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnp32840964  wrote

(...), so I find it odd that you are asking me if I can print documents?

Akanchha asked how you tried to print, not if you printed...

Great that you found the solution. That will for sure help others in their quest.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of my information, the error message

"Stopped, Can't open private/var/spool/cups/tmp/abc123xxx"

is in relation with some MacOS versions.

error message /private/var/spool/cups/tmp - Apple Community

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing issues with being unable to print with version 2019.010.20098 on both MAC and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing issues with being unable to print with version 2019.010.20098 on both MAC and Windows.

robertm86871623 with the same error message as described in the original post? Help us with more information to understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled Acrobat Adob Dc complety and reinstalled. Same error. If anyone can help, it is most welome

I have DELL  PC WTH WINDOWS 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am on macOS 11.6 now (Big Sur), and the issue is still unsolved. Adobe doesn't care despite several feedbacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines