• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print PDFs since automatic update to Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problems printing PDFs on my Windows 10 64-bit laptop using Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit (and I can still print the same PDFs on my Windows 10 32-bit PC using Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit). After the automatic update to Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit, I get the not-very-informative errors “The document could not be printed.” and “An error occurred while printing the document.” I am printing to a Brother DCP-330C printer connected by USB cable directly to laptop (or PC). I've tried uninstalling Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit from my laptop and re-installing Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit and now I can't print from the 32-bit version either. Please help, someone. Thank you. Graeme

PS I believe the 64-bit version has only been rolled out in Australia and New Zealand - thanks Adobe, for using us as Guinea pigs for a product that doesn't work 😞

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks to everyone for your patience and for your cooperation.

Acrobat & Reader DC October updates are live now containing the fix, please install the latest update from the help menu of the app>select check for updates, reboot the machine if possible after the update and check the functionality. 

For more details about the release, please see this: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - October' 21 updates are Live!

Let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what mine was doing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After saying this didn't work for me on a file, I've not got this solution to work on 2 files that I've sent to a wideformat printer this morning. I have not gotten this to work sending to a copier yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me...thanks goodness you are more onto it that the adobe team 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this "document will not print" / "error while printing" issue a couple days ago. It happened again today with all my documents in Adobe Acrobat DC. I am clicking "page setup" before each print and that seems to have worked around the problem. Thanks deeppakk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue, been through the same processes with Adobe support and got nowhere, this thread has saved me.

8 machines, only one wide format affected and only Acrobat wouldnt print to it.

The moment I changed from Auto Orientation to Landscape and all is fine

I have wasted so much time over this with re-boots, re-installs etc.

Thank you to whoever worked this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for providing the details regarding the issue here.

We're working on providing a permanent fix for the same.

In the meanwhile, Instead of changing the page size from PrintProperties, one can change from 'Page Setup' from bottom left corner in the PrintMenu; then the PDF can be printed to a greater size as well without any error observed

Please feel free to reach us anytime.

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the page size does not in any way fix the issue for me on certain files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems it would only work for a few documents for me.

I spent ages today on tech chat going through the process of rolling back the version to an older one

It is not a straightforward process and you will need to be directed through it but it has worked

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to try that next week when I have time. I responded to a request from Adobe, but they haven't followed up to set a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Stay Assured, We're working on a permanent fix for the issue observed at your end.

In the meanwhile either the temporary workaround might help; or else we can print page(s) with either equal or smaller page size of the PDF from Print Properties.

Temporary WorkaroundInstead of changing the page size from PrintProperties, one can change from 'Page Setup' from bottom left corner in the PrintMenu; then the PDF can be printed to a greater size as well without any error observed

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that it has updated to version 2021.007.20095 The problem still persists for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An entire week later and no response from Adobe. The problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Thanks to everyone for your patience and for your cooperation.

Acrobat & Reader DC October updates are live now containing the fix, please install the latest update from the help menu of the app>select check for updates, reboot the machine if possible after the update and check the functionality. 

For more details about the release, please see this: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - October' 21 updates are Live!

Let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a complete fix for me. To make this work, I also had to change my print processor from CnXP0PP to winprint under print processor on the properties page.

Then it works as expected. Otherwise I can't print documents that I could print last year if I want to use 'cover' settings on a Canon imageRunner. After making the change below I was able to print as expected. But now I'm worried about what else might have changed.

michaelv57797510_0-1634059353918.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Anand's information to install the latest updates, I uninstalled Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit from my Windows 10 64-bit notebook.
I downloaded and installed the 64-bit version of Acrobat Reader DC and re-booted the notebook.
When I logged in and ran Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit I successfully printed a PDF file to my Brother DCP-330C printer.
I tried to Check for Updates but got the error:
Update Failed
Updates have been disabled by your system policy.
Error: 100700
I found a solution for this on the Support Community which states that this occurs when the EULA has not been accepted.
I located the Eula.exe file in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat, double-clicked on it and accepted the EULA.
I'm now able to successfully Check for Updates.
This problem seems to be fixed for me but I'm sorry that others of you, like michaelv57797510, are still having problems.

Thanks for all your help. Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After saying yesterday that the update AND changing the print processor worked, I'm back to it not working after the microsoft update last night and a reboot. FRUSTRATING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 64bit version of Adobe Acrobat DC version 2021.007.20099 and still cannot print successfully to  my HP printer. All was working fine til this last update. None of the above suggestions have worked successfully for me, when will this be fixed. Wasting paper and so very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, except it's a canon image runner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friday 10/22/2021 and it is still broken and Adobe Support won't respond. I'm still getting the errors when printing. If I didn't have an off-brand PDF program for printing I wouldn't be able to do my work. This is beyond frustrating especially because Adobe support won't respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't care this is still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anand Sri

I have wasted hours and days on this.  I have a Windows 10 64 bit PC and used to be able to print pdf files with no problems.  Now I can't.  I can print Word and other files with no problems.  I updated Adobe PDF Reader and still my printer just spits out a blank page.  Tried other suggestions made in  the community but still no joy.  What can I do?

Thanks.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.  I should add that I am a senior and not knowledgeable with several of the postings.  I just know that I had someting that worked and now it doesn't.

Posted 17 November 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bob27192706323x 

I hope you are doing well, and I am sorry for the delayed response.

Assuming you are on the latest version of Acrobat Reader or the Acrobat app 22.003.20282 (Win), 22.003.20281 (Mac). If not, please check for any pending updates from the help menu of the app, select check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and check the Print functionality.

Also, please ensure you have installed the latest printer driver and firmware. You can check for printer driver updates from the Printer manufacturer's official website. 

This helpful article will guide you on updating the app, printer driver and solution for printing issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html.

Let us know how it goes, and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines