• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unreadable text on PDF for some users

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issues where a few users are opening PDFs from a vendor and getting unreadable text (see image), but others with the same version of Adobe Reader DC are able to see the same PDF just fine.

Copying and pasting into a Word doc converts the test to a readable font, and opening the PDF in Edge displays everything fine. Seems like it's only when opening the PDFs from this vendor in Reader that we encounter this issue, and again, not for all users, only a couple.

I have tried repairing and uninstalling/reinstalling Reader, but does not fix the issue.

LILLYIssue1.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, PDFs from a vendor are not readable for some of the users.

It looks like the font is not properly embedded in PDF or not present on the users machine which is making the text unreadable. Web browsers use their own PDF mechanism to render and display the PDF content and they are not Adobe dependant.

Please try the following settings and see if that works for you. Go to Edit (Win) , Adobe Acrobat (Mac) >Ppreferences > Page Display > Under Rendering select 'Use local Fonts' > Click OK

For additional information about font embedding please check out the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-fonts.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, and also images are not printing
Tried what you suggest without luck.
Regards,
Albert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, images were not printing due a problem with the printer. 

Just having trouble with random characters with some PDF's (1.6 version / Acrobat 7) in Adobe Reader while in Chrome or Edge text is showing correctly.

Regards,
Albert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that option with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the PDF file with us as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html so  that we can check it at our end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue? I have provided you with the PDF in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry for the delay in response.

I have checked the PDF file that you have shared and found that it is created using a non Adobe application Axapta PDF producer W6702.
Upon further investigation i have found that the fonts are missing/not embedded in the PDF file and Type 2 CID font is missing/invalid.

Please ask the creator of the PDF to create the PDF using Adobe Acrobat DC application and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't help. Where do I go to edit? I use a PC. Same problem as the guy that started this thread. Certain websites that opens a PDF in Chrome is completely unreadable and unusable. I tried your suggestion, but don't know where I need to go to do the Edit. Where is the edit in (Win) for adobe. I do also have the extension in chrome and removed it but that didn't work either. I tried going into preferences but no edit there and tried changing the preferences but there is no option for  fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

Web browser use their own PDF mechanism to render and display the PDF file and content.

Please try to recreate the PDF from the original source file via Adobe Acrobat Pro as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/creating-simple-pdfs-acrobat.html and see if that works.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines