komt telkens:

update mislukt, fout 1500.

er draait geen ander programma mee.

iemand enig idee?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 103 Replies 103
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well on Vista x64.

First attempted to update from 9.3.1 to 9.3.2, got the 1500 error.

Launched Adobe Reader again and used the Repair function from the Help menu. Ran 9.3.2 update again, got the 1500 error.

I then uninstalled Adobe Reader entirely and installed 9.3.0 again. Ran 9.3.2 update again, got the 1500 error.

At this point, I think I'm just going to switch to Foxit Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denis,

In your case I would download 9.3.2 Patch directly from Adobe and try to install it without updater.

Of cause you need to have 9.3.0 Reader already installed on the system.

The URL is http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4657

Updater will display error 1500 if Windows Installer Service did not return SUCCESS back to updater.

One possible scenario is when original installation source required by Installer Service to apply Patch is missing.

There are many other possible reasons for Windows Installer Service to fail.

Hope it helps,

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues with the 1500 error and Windows XP home.  I've tried the manual patching: but I get this error message and I'm forced to abort the patch.

adobefailpatch.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Leo

This fix worked for me.   I got a few errors as I was installing it but found that if I kept hitting retry they seemed to sort themselves out. All is well now and I have verion 9.3.2 running successfully.

Gavin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error while trying to install an update to Acrobat 8.2 Standard.

The message says:  Run the Adobe repair utility,   error 1500.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all of you who still have problems with the update: I would try to uninstall the Reader completely, if necessary with the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.  Next install the basic 9.3 Reader, followed by the updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing which I think should work for you:

1.Goto Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs>Change/Modify Acrobat or Reader and Repair your base(9.3.1).

2.Then apply patch manually from location :

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4657&fileID=4356

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

But were can I find in control panel.

Add or Remove Programs>Change/Modify Acrobat????

Unquote.

Thanks jerema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vmareje wrote:

But were can I find in control panel.

Are you not using Windows ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE READER

I get the same error - Windows7 - updating 9.2 to 9.3 - I also get error 1402 - saying I don't have permission to use key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32/Software/...MSFS - I went to Reader Properties to change permissions and that didn't work - I tried to change the registry through regedit.exe and screwed up my registry - had to restore from a good point.  I can't uninstall and I can't install 9.3.  I tried the last suggestion of trying to "change" instead of uninstall and it still will not work.     HELP!

Message was edited by: regina33

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Repair from Control panel/add remove programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find in control panel ad remove programs.

Kind regards

jerema

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all of you:

I am grateful for the answers I got, thanks a lot. This is what my tech said about error 1500: He said there is a missing file in the Adobe Reader 9.3.1, the missing file is called Data1, which is the support to download or do anything with that program. So now I know the reason that is why I am telling you guys. The problen begins with the Windows Installer, it has been changed by Microsoft and thus that program does not work either. If you go into the Microsft updates and search for the File DATA1 you will never find it, it has simply dissapeared and I am not going to think we have all gone mad.

If you call Adobe they won't say a thing, I send them several emails and never got an answer, now that I have had my PC formatted and reinstaled I have not included the Adobe Reader, I have had it. I found a site where there is this guy who has made a very similar program and according to the users it works great but I have not downloaded it this time around. I will wait and see. Tomorrow I will go to see the distributors of all Adobe programs and take all the info I have and make them pay for what I have spend in formatting and reinstaling.

Don't waste your precious time, do the same I have done and drop the program but make sure you block out Microsoft from your system I am using the Firewall for that.

Good luck to all of you and make sure you have a registered XP or they will keep on jumping you. I have now installed Linux OS and I am still learning how to use it but it is quite similar to Windows XP and works great.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marylou_II:

What comparable program did you go to instead? What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am using windows.

But all in my computer is Dutch.

Kind regards jerema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goto Run(Shortcut is Win+R) and type appwiz.cpl.It will open Add or Remove  Program window for you.Now click on Reader in the window below.There is one Change button.Click on it and then click on Next.There you will get two option Repair and  Remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair - brings up error 1310 - re config.msi & permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.

I found it and repaired adobe, byt after that update: still updated failed

failure 1500.

Thanks jerema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ jerema

What version of Adobe Reader are you running now? (check in Adobe help about .... menu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader 9.3

Thanks again, I already downloaded 5 times, repaired 5 times.

But still error 1500.

Thanks a lot.

jerema

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - not sure what you have downloaded/repaired but have you tried the following to update your Adobe 9.3 installation:

Manual updates:

1. Update Adobe 9.3 to 9.3.1 by downloading and installing the patch/update http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4640
  2. Restart PC if prompted
  3. Update Adobe 9.3.1 to 9.3.2 (the most up to date version) by downloading and installing the patch/update http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4657
  4. Restart PC if prompted to

After doing the first manual update you may be able to do the usual updates from the help menu - I don't know - my error 1500 occured when updating 9.3.1 to 9.3.2 so I don't know what will happen the next time I do an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I downloaded acrobat reader 9.3 when I open: you find repair.

I did that many times, but no succes.

Yes I did and then comes: (translated from Dutch)

cannot find valid space for the patches???

I really donot understand.

Kind regards jerema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear - sorry I don't think I can advise you any further - I can't work out what your exact problem is - I hope someone else can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tomorrow I'm calling Adobe - will let everyone know the answer (hopefully).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines