• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what to do about error message 507:507

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an error message - "There is a problem with Adobe/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (507:507)"

WTF?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

If the this error comes up "There is a problem with Adobe/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (507:507)",

Then it means there is another Adobe Reader is running on the backgrond.

You need to restart the computer and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Could you please tell what software are you using ?Is it Reader or Acrobat?

Please explain the work flow ,what are you trying to do when you get this error?

What version of Reader do you use?

What OS do you work on?

Please update us with all the relevant details so that we could replicate it at our end and assist you further with it.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Im using the latest version of acrobat reader DC and Im working with Windows 10. Trying to view a tax document online and it gives me the above error. I have tried "fixing" the issues but it doesnt help.

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi louiseb18346232

Try to disable Protected Mode.

Open Reader -> Edit > Preferences, choose "Security Enhanced" category and un-check "Enable Protected Mode at startup".

Check if it fixes the issue.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that eliminated the error but it still does not view the document. Im getting the following:

To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks its working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it works perfect in 32 bits, but in 64 doesn't works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi louiseb18346232​,

Open Acrobat Reader DC, navigate to Help menu -> Check for updates & install if any.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing the updates and I also tried repairing but nothing has helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi louiseb18346232 ,

If it does not work, try uninstalling Acrobat Reader using cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs , restart your system.

Then try re-installing it from this link: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the this error comes up "There is a problem with Adobe/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (507:507)",

Then it means there is another Adobe Reader is running on the backgrond.

You need to restart the computer and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same error and your advice works.

I had an pdf file open in the app and I just close the document and run again and opened my document.

Thanks for the tip.

MP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue from SAP with windows 10 2004 and  adobe reader DC latest version. Problem is from SAP not preview comes and cometimes 507:507 error comes.  On disabling protected mode, Preview is OK but Print button is not working,Save and other button works.  This is for windows 10 2004 and up only.  Lower versions not affected. Any help for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines