• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I save Adobe Reader DC docs? The "save as" is grayed out.

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to go to File and save as to save an Adobe Reader DC doc, the save as is grayed out and it will not let me save the doc to my desktop.

Can you tell me why this is happening or another way for me to do this?

Thanks,

Kat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Hi Kraimer31,

As explained above, you may try changing some preferences setting and see if that helps.

You may refer to the forum thread where similar issue has been addressed and resolved "save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Let us know if it doesn't work for you.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kraimer31,

As explained above, you may try changing some preferences setting and see if that helps.

You may refer to the forum thread where similar issue has been addressed and resolved "save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Let us know if it doesn't work for you.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!

Thank you so very much for your recommendation.

Kind Regards,

Kathryn

Kathryn Raimer

Global Sales Director

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'r welcome.

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do.

Thanks!

Kathryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me 😞  At this point, I'm just frazzled. What was Adobe thinking by disabling the "save" and "save as" functions??????  For some of us, that's the only action we want to take on a pdf file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would VERY MUCH appreciate a solution ASAP. Many documents that I need to file with my tax returns are sent to me as pdfs but I can't save them to my computer!  There's a whole lot of stuff down the left side of the pdf that I have no interest in and then a short line of icons at the top right, one of which is the greyed out "Save" box. PLEASE somebody, HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a solution come up for this?? I need to save my pdf's to my PC as well!!  Why was the save or save as button to my PC disabled????? Oh my gosh how can you disable the most required function for people who just need the basics like me!!!!!!  Can you please advise how to enable the save to PC function PLEASE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still hoping for a solution to this.  I had no problems in Adobe DC Pro until about 2 weeks ago when I believe some update was done.  Now I hate the new version and I cannot save anything until I have "edited" the document.  Most documents I simply want to open and save on my computer.  I run my own business from home and anything I open I am authorized to save so this is a huge inconvenience.   Reviewing threads it's been an issue since at least 2010.   Why the heck would Adobe make the save icon grayed out??? I went to preferences and unchecked "show online storage when saving files," but that did not fix it.   Please fix this issue ASAP as it is a huge incovenience to all customers including ones with paid subscriptions such as myself.  RIDICULOUS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please reactivate the save button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines