Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader does not save anything on Android

New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

since two days I discovered a problem with the Adobe Reader. The newest version does not save changes in PDF documents on Android. I tried it with all of my smartphones. On iOS it works perfectly. But it does generally not work on Android. Any changes I make in a pdf on Android are not in my document cloud oder dropbox when I close the app although I have clicked on the blue "Save" button after making changes.

Does anyone have the same problem? Is this a bug? And if yes, when will Adobe fix it?

Greetings from Germany,

Daniel

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danielg,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

As you have mentioned that it works fine on iOS but not on Android, so I assume there could be a possibility that the application got corrupted or stopped functioning correctly after update.

So you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the application once and see if that helps.

As of now we can not say its a bug, as this has not been reported by many user recently. If we will get to hear from other users then it will be escalated to the engineering team.

Let us know the update on this.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have been having the same issue.

I have tried resetting my android tablet and also deleted and reloaded Adobe Reader, without success!

It is very frustrating as this is the way I review work documents and mark-up pdfs.

At present I am having to resort to pen and paper to note the location of comments.

Dave

UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you are not able to save the changes on the PDF in android device, please share the details asked below:

- What is the current version of the application installed on your mobile device?

- Share the make and model of the device.

- What is the current OS version installed on your android tablet?

- Did you check if this issue occurs with a particular PDF or with all?

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I also face that problem.
Current Version of Adobe: 20.2.0.12050

My Device: Samsung Note 10.1 2014 (SM-P601) Android 5.1.1.

Regards,
Saeid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem and wondering if a fix has been determined. I'm on Samsung tablet. It seems like I have problems with larger PDF documents (over 2mb). I've been unable to narrow it down more than that. I originally thought it may have been a wifi connection issue but I was able to verify that wasn't the problem recently. Like other here, I've lost hours of work marking a document for others to update records. It's very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

I'm also facing this issue in Adobe Acrobat version 21.11.1.20710. I'm not able to save any changes in my documents. Please look into the matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lucifer23032605fdhm 

Could you confirm a few more details?

1. Is it happening with other PDFs too, or it's just this one?

2. Is there some error message?

3. If possible, could you provide a video that shows the issue clearly?

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have the same issue with pdf document. It can not be saved on my.mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Maria36433015f2j1,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

Would you mind sharing a few pieces of information for further investigation:

1. The app version of Acrobat you use (go to Profile-> About Acrobat);

2. The Android version of your device;

3. A screen recording of the event for better understanding.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been struggling with this issue to, I've found a bit of a work around.

Before I could just back out of the pdf and it would save the local copy I'd open but this no longer happens and I loose any data I've input when I reopen file it appears blank.

So If you input all data and click share (top right) then share a copy and then click continue, I'm using andriod strictly chrome os (pixelbook) this then gives me an option to "save to files"

This is what I would call save as option and you can then save the data inputed and save the file with a filename of your choice, good for replicating forms with same data and little changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Latest version of Acrobat running on the latest version of Android, and it's happening with all PDFs. This is clearly a common bug, which I hope will be addressed with greater concern by Adobe soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Latest Android version and Oneplus 8. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, it is saving your data but not back to the original. when you fill and sign then get out of it, the one in your Home>Recent is the one that has been changed. The one in your Files>This Device is the original. I don't know why Adobe is not saving back to the original location, it is very frustrating. 

A work-around for me is to fill and sign, then click the tick to finish, then click the share>share a copy>save to file.

If I forget to do this I have to go to Home>Recent then hit the 3 dots, then Save a copy.

Maybe they are doing it so we don't overwrite the original? Either way it is an annoying "improvement" that I'd like to see an option to put back. I just want to open the email, download the PDF, sign it, and upload to a reply email to the original. That's enough steps on a mobile, I don't need anymore needless steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem for quite a long time. Previously, it was very smooth to open any pdf files in my android tab from cloud storage like dropbox, etc., make annotations, and be automatically saved in the cloud. The exact original file! When I opened it from my PC, the changes or annotations were there. Sadly, now it is no longer work. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been annotating pdfs of my textbooks and it just stopped syncing up to Onedrive sometime over the past 3 days.  I didn't even realize it until I reopened an immunology book I had been studying for hours and 3 chapters worth of notes were just gone! I remember that adobe used to sync so seamlessly with Dropbox back in the day but when I tried it out, it was just as unstable. Google Drive as well. I thought that maybe Adobe's own cloud service should work properly but it won't even save local copies for when I'm reading in the subway and will just mess up if I don't have signal. I have no idea what you did to this application but it is barely functional on an android tablet.

Is there at least a way to get to the cache data to see if I can save a lost file?  It must have been storing the annotations somewhere.  Providing some interface to confirm that a file has been synced or not would go a long way to making this mess not seem so capricious and sudden at the very least.  Some way to force a sync would be great as well.  Even if you can't fix the core functionality, at least the program might be usable.  At this point, I have to waste time trying to find an alternative editor.  

Galaxy TabS7 using Acrobat for Samsung

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and the last problem that finally drove me here.  I can't even "Save a copy". When I try to save a copy it gets stuck with a "Pending notification".

SmartSelect_20220109-160942_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

I tried sharing and sending it to onedrive manually and saw an error notification saying that onedrive could not prepare file for upload.  Apparently, the file eventually did go through however so at least there is SOME way of saving my work.  I've also tried clearing cache and data but that still didn't trigger auto syncing.  The only thing that has worked so far is to "share" and "send a copy",  

Its a Galaxy TabS7+ in case it makes a difference.  Acrobat for Samsung. OneUI 3.1 Android 11.  Fully uptodate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here, Android Galaxy Tab 7, Adobe Pro and One Drive except I am losing signed documents for my business. One document will upload just fine, next will sit in the tablet cache and wont upload. Tablet has wifi. Adobe this has clearly been going on for minimum 4 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your app is Trash ot has always been trash please KYS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just lost an hour of my work on my Xiaomi Pad 6 with OneDrive, for the third time today.

This has never happened on Windows (since I press Ctrl+s often) and is unacceptable.

At least there should be a visible Save button or shortcut like the PC, so we can manually and frequently save PDFs each time after annotation. I hope Adobe considers it as a decent additional feature.

Cheers,

Yummie from Tokyo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this solution by Kiroga5FAC helpful -- Press the Share button the top right. The file is saved and updated on Onedrive whether or not you go on with sharing the file. You can also back up the file on Google Drive and other outlets here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-mobile-discussions/android-save-as/td-p/10007203

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines