• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighting Problem in the mobile version IPhone

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't freehand highlight my scanned Arabic language papers, the highlight tool works only with English language but not Arabic.

On the computer version it works well, I hope you solve this issue on the mobile version. I really enjoyed using Adobe reader until I faced this problem.

Attached is an example of scanned Arabic language paper.

Thank You

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me. I scanned a page with Arabic content, saved it as PDF on Acrobat.com, opened it on iPhone, I clicked on the highlight tool at the bottom, a mesage showed informing me that the content is an image, and that I can run the text recognition, which I did…

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 10.55.14 AM.jpeg

Soon after, another message appeared saying English text is now recognized

IMG_3801.PNG

At this point, I was able to highlight Arabic as well as English text, though the Arabic is getting highlighted from left-to-right however it is understood that Acrobat doesn't handle Arabic well everywhere.

IMG_1CDB21D398A1-1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note. If you grab a snapshot of your document using "Adobe Scan" on your iPhone, opening the scan result as PDF on Acrobat on your iPhone, you will be able to immediately annotate and hightlight without going through much steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines