My "read aloud" feature worked yesterday. Today, it isn't. When I try to click on the headphones button, or the read aloud button, I get pop up at the bottom of my screen, saying that the language isn't recognized?
I hope you're doing good.
As per my understanding, you're unable to use the read-aloud feature as it's unable to recognize the language. You can try the following steps in order to check the default language and also to change the language you prefer: -
1. Go to your device’s settings screen.
2. Tap Accessibility (or search for it if the menu item does not display).
3. Tap Text-to-Speech Output.
4. Configure the setting as needed. (For example, you may be able to select a preferred text-to-speech engine, the language, speech rate, and pitch.)
5. Tap on the settings icon on the top right corner of the screen and change the preferred language.
If this does not help, please share with me a few details: -
1. Are you using an android or iOS device?
2. A screenshot of the error message or video of your workflow.
In order to know more about read aloud feature, kindly refer to these articles :
Let me know if this helps.