• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe isn't saving document annotations

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe isn't saving my annotations/highlights or any notes I make on my documents. It will pop up with the error "Read-only Document" and ask me to Create a Local Copy, or when I press back out of my document it will not save. I've been using this app for school now for a year and a half and I've never had this error before. I'm in professional school and my lecture notes are very important to me. Nothing is saving and I've lost a lot of work already, is someone able to assist me with this?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexs89853260​, jamesh41423066​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.01.22 to the App Store.

This is the latest official release (that is identical to the pre-release version) as of January 23.

Please let us know if it works for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi alexs89853260,

I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

Acrobat Reader displays the "Read-Only Document" alert and fails to save pending changes in following scenarios,

• switch to other apps
  • let your iPad/iPhone go to sleep

We are actively working on a fix and trying to release a new update to the App Store as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, a workaround for this problem is to tap the < (Back) button to close your PDF document to save changes before switching to other apps or letting your iPad/iPhone go to sleep.

Thank you in advance for your patience while we work on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem it is very annoying I love the app but this is a problem I use this app every day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexs89853260​, jamesh41423066​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.01.22 to the App Store.

This is the latest official release (that is identical to the pre-release version) as of January 23.

Please let us know if it works for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it is running like it used to so I am very happy thank you !

James Hughes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jamesh41423066​,

We appreciate your help and feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also facing the same issued here. The annotations used to save earlier but recently they don't. Please see to this as this is affecting my study.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sudeep24052001,

Sorry to hear that. 

Would you mind sharing the information about the location of the file? 

There could be certain issues with files that are saved on external cloud drives. Have you tried saving the file locally or on to the Adobe Cloud Storage and check if the issue still persists?

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Sudeep24052001,

Would you mind sharing a few pieces of information:

1. The application version you are using;

2. The OS [Android/iOS] you are using and its version;

3. A screen recording of what happens when you put in the annotations and after you are done;

4. The file (on private message if sensitive) on which you tried to put the annotations.

[To send a private message, click on my profile name-> click the blue button that says "Send a Message"]

Sharing this information would help us speed up the investigation process and narrow down our approach to get to a resolution.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines