• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document annotations won’t save (Re: Annotated PDF file not saved, + "System Error")

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having the same issue mentioned by other users. I try to annotate my file and save everything without any problems, but when I reopen the document my annotations are gone. Either that or I get a message saying that a system error was encountered and again, my annotations disappear. I already restarted my device and made sure that I have the most recent update for Adobe. How should I proceed?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gutimomo33787375​,

I branched your inquiry as a new forum thread.

You will see the "system error" message when Acrobat Reader encounters problems while saving changes to your PDF document.

I am afraid that your PDF document is already corrupted/damaged.

To check if the damage is repairable, please transfer the PDF document to a Windows or Mac desktop computer/laptop, open it in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader, and add new annotations.  Can the desktop version of Acrobat Reader save new changes and repair the damage in your PDF document?

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gutimomo33787375​,

I branched your inquiry as a new forum thread.

You will see the "system error" message when Acrobat Reader encounters problems while saving changes to your PDF document.

I am afraid that your PDF document is already corrupted/damaged.

To check if the damage is repairable, please transfer the PDF document to a Windows or Mac desktop computer/laptop, open it in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader, and add new annotations.  Can the desktop version of Acrobat Reader save new changes and repair the damage in your PDF document?

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines