• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email button built in form does not work on iPad

New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have a fillable pdf document  that has an email button built into the form. It works fine on a laptop or desktop computer but when click it on a ipad screen it brings up a note screen.  We tried a similar form and that form worked. Any ideas?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timr,

As I understand, you have created a submit email button on the PDF form which does not work on the mobile application. it seems to be the PDF-specific issue to me.

If you are adding a submit button in the PDF form, use the steps provided under the "Add a submit button" in this help document Setting action buttons in PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat

Check if that makes any difference in the workflow.

You have mentioned that when you click on the button, it brings up the note screen. Could you please share the screenshot of the note screen that appears?

If this issue occurs with a particular PDF, we may need to check how exactly the form button is created and the action added to it.

Would it be possible to share the PDF with us? If you cannot share it here on public forums, you may initiate a private message to share the file. How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I got it to kind of work on an Ipad. It will send to only one email address. If I imbed  a second email address in the submit button it won't open the email window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use , instead of ; for forms that are going to be submitted on iOS. 

Example" mailto:person1@somewhere.com,person2@somewhereelse.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you tell me how the button is configured?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Frank29533392ofdq,

Thank you for writing in!

The form has to be created using the desktop version, and the mailto: button should work with the iOs version of Acrobat Reader Mobile.

If this is not something you are able to achieve, please share a screen recording of the workflow you are following and we would investigate further.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines