Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlights Not Showing When Document Saved to Google Drive

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been using the 'Comment' function of the Adobe Reader app (downloaded this month) on my iPad (bought this month) to highlight sections of documents. However, when I save the PDF to my Google Drive, the highlights don't show on the document. If I use the underline, comment bubble, or free-write functions, any markings made with these DO show up, so I'm not sure why the highlights aren't making it to the Google Drive version of my document. Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Jennie

P.S. My current way of saving the document is:  Share a Copy > Create PDF > Done > Save File To... > Drive.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds more like an issue with the way Google Drive displays PDF files, which has nothing to do with Adobe. Report this issue to Google.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds more like an issue with the way Google Drive displays PDF files, which has nothing to do with Adobe. Report this issue to Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I just downloaded the document from Google Drive to my laptop and you're right - once it's downloaded and opened independently of Google Drive the highlights are there. Can't believe I didn't think of that! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something similar just happened to me and I'm freaking out. I've been working on a long document (over 400 pages). Was over the 300th page and had been highlighting sections and commenting. Shared it with someone and suddenly all the highlights and comments disappeared! I can't find a backup anywhere. Is it possible it's all gone? I was saving on adobe cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Lili25832017y6ll,

How did you save the document or share it with the other user? You can check the file on the Shared tab in Acrobat Reader Mobile. 

Once on the shared tab, click on By You, and you should see the file there.

You can also see the files from the given link: Adobe Acrobat Documents

Let me know if this works.

Best,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines