Highlighted

Opening Box files with Acrobat on iPad Pro

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought an iPad Pro and am finding that pdf files I have stored in Box open in Box’s native reader rather than adobe reader.  I want to be able to edit them (highlight, mark-up etc). Ideally I want to use ProDC but I don’t think that is an iPad app(?).  Just opening in reader would be an improvement.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks

Hi Grega,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you need to open the Box file in Acrobat Reader, you need to first save the file to local.

Take help of the steps mentioned in this forum thread iPad Dropbox download for offline viewing with the similar query.

You can also refer the steps mentioned in this help link Opening PDF Files in Reader for iOS (iPhone and iPad)

Once the files saved in Local, you can open and edit the file in the Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Opening Box files with Acrobat on iPad Pro

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought an iPad Pro and am finding that pdf files I have stored in Box open in Box’s native reader rather than adobe reader.  I want to be able to edit them (highlight, mark-up etc). Ideally I want to use ProDC but I don’t think that is an iPad app(?).  Just opening in reader would be an improvement.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks

Hi Grega,

As you need to open the Box file in Acrobat Reader, you need to first save the file to local.

Take help of the steps mentioned in this forum thread iPad Dropbox download for offline viewing with the similar query.

You can also refer the steps mentioned in this help link Opening PDF Files in Reader for iOS (iPhone and iPad)

Once the files saved in Local, you can open and edit the file in the Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 09, 2018 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't run Mac or Windows apps on iPad. The world of iPad is very different, and very limited. Similarly, you can't change the default app that opens a type of file. However, what some apps allow you to do (for example, Safari) is open a PDF _then_ send it to another app, and that's how you get a copy of the file into Reader. It's clunky, but then again the iPad is really just a big phone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grega,

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2018 1