• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF not loading completely on iPAD Acrobat reader

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the pdf looks like when I try to open on iPadThis is what the pdf looks like when I try to open on iPadPaper opens properly on macPaper opens properly on macThe top picture shows what the pdf looks like on my ipad. No text loaded in. The bottom picture is the same article loaded normally on my macbook. 

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is clearly not the same file that Dov Issacs analyzed for you. I can say that for sure because that file had more than 22 pages, and this file has 5 pages. You don't give us a URL, because you want this to be a real challenge for us, but I found the file, https://terrestrialecosystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Lophognathus.pdf

I can report that this is a fairly simple file which uses the Palatino font family, NOT embedded. I can also report that I find in iPhone Acrobat Reader 20.02.00 (20200215.092048) that all the text is missing, though graphics are present. It knows about the text because it can search and highlight. So, you have found a bug.

If you want Adobe to work on it, you should report the bug here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html . Be sure to include the exact URL that gives the error, and your app version. Fill in the forms carefully. Adobe probably will not reply, but some day in a few months there may be a fix, so keep testing after each update.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have been explained now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you direct me to a solution, if any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can someone share a solution!? I use the ipad pro with pencil for work and it's showing my documents as blanks while they are totally fine on my laptop!

Please! What do i need to do for a solution? I've downloaded the IOS APP over and over, and even updated my Ipad pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is clearly not the same file that Dov Issacs analyzed for you. I can say that for sure because that file had more than 22 pages, and this file has 5 pages. You don't give us a URL, because you want this to be a real challenge for us, but I found the file, https://terrestrialecosystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Lophognathus.pdf

I can report that this is a fairly simple file which uses the Palatino font family, NOT embedded. I can also report that I find in iPhone Acrobat Reader 20.02.00 (20200215.092048) that all the text is missing, though graphics are present. It knows about the text because it can search and highlight. So, you have found a bug.

If you want Adobe to work on it, you should report the bug here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html . Be sure to include the exact URL that gives the error, and your app version. Fill in the forms carefully. Adobe probably will not reply, but some day in a few months there may be a fix, so keep testing after each update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines