pdf shows blank when I send it as an email [iOS]

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe Reader XI. I can fill out the pdf on my Windows computer and I save it by going File--> Save As, and if it asks me if I want to replace the existing file with the new data, I click Yes. However when I try to email the filled out pdf, it shows up blank on ipads or iphones. When I check the sent folder on my windows computer, I can see the form sent and all the data filled out, just as when I saved it. But my readers only see the blank form. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks for your help!!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, iOS, View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2016
MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2016
Hi D D,When you receive a PDF form attachment via Mail on an iPad or iPhone, please make sure to use the iOS "Open In" feature to open it in Acrobat Reader for iOS (instead of using Apple Mail's preview).  Because Apple Mail's preview does not display filled form data.Would you take a look at the "Open from Mail" section of the following FAQ documents?For iPad, see How to open PDF documents in Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS (iPad version)For iPhone, see How to open PDF documents in Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS (iPhone version)...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please tell the OS you work on.

Are you sending it via webmail or Outlook or any other email client?

What kind of file it it is?

Also try to update your Reader to the latest patch and see if that fixes the issue.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D D,

When you receive a PDF form attachment via Mail on an iPad or iPhone, please make sure to use the iOS "Open In" feature to open it in Acrobat Reader for iOS (instead of using Apple Mail's preview).  Because Apple Mail's preview does not display filled form data.

Would you take a look at the "Open from Mail" section of the following FAQ documents?

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines