• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader doesn't remember me between program restarts. Why?

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last iPad/iPhone update was 8/28/2017. WHY, since then, each time I start Reader after closing it, does it act as though I was opening it for the VERY first time?? Why does it not remember (a) that I am a subscriber and (b) that I have been through the WELCOME screens already? This is getting very tiresome. I have to scroll through the 'new' capabilities again, and I have to skipmover entering my name form comments, and I have to reset the color and opacity of the highlighting . . . again and again and again.

WHY?!?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jrfromm88011, nlpat016​, Techie2278,

We just released Acrobat Reader 17.12.15 to the App Store.

The new version contains the fix for the problems that you have experienced.

Examples:

• The "Welcome to Acrobat Reader" screens and other dialogs being presented more than once.
  • Involuntarily signed out from Adobe Document Cloud and Dropbox.
  • Comments properties (e.g. Author Name, Color, Opacity, Thickness) reset back to default values.

Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jrfromm,

I assume you have mentioned about the update of your device's OS? Have you also checked for the Adobe Acrobat Reader update?

If not, then you may check if any pending update to the application?

If this doesn't work, then you may uninstall and reinstall the application and see if that makes difference. Because application automatically saves the changes made last.

Let us know the update on this.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had this same problem for awhile.  I’ve updated to IOS11, and downloaded the latest update for my Ipad yesterday.. I just used the program last night and all was well. I opened it two minutes ago and was met with the welcome screens as well. I also added a Dropbox account and the program forgets it as well. It gets annoying having to reset everything.

Uninstalling the program doesn’t do anything, you set everything up and it works for a few days and then the whole cycle starts over.  Any useable fix would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening on my and brothers iPad Air 32GB, and 16GB Wifi+Cellular iOS11 and, also on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus iOS11. Been like this since 2-3 months now. Really irritating adding the author to all annotations or comments or highlights done each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jrfromm88011, nlpat016​, Techie2278,

We just released Acrobat Reader 17.12.15 to the App Store.

The new version contains the fix for the problems that you have experienced.

Examples:

• The "Welcome to Acrobat Reader" screens and other dialogs being presented more than once.
  • Involuntarily signed out from Adobe Document Cloud and Dropbox.
  • Comments properties (e.g. Author Name, Color, Opacity, Thickness) reset back to default values.

Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new bug, Adobe Reader doesn't remember the position of the book which I open and then go back, I open a book at Pg 77, go and read something at Pg 90, close the book and start it again, it's Pg 77. It's if I open and go to any page, over the book. This is not limited to any single book but any file in Adobe Reader. Yes, this is in an issue your latest update I'm facing. The issue you catered to I've not faced. Adobe reader remembers and doesn't always start with welcome screen now. But it doesn't remember positions in the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nlpat016​,

We believe that the new bug that you mentioned is fixed in Acrobat Reader 17.12.15 as well.

Would you please check the version number of Acrobat installed on your device?

Please go to iOS Settings > Adobe Acrobat > Version.  What is the version number?

Additionally, it would be great if you can try a different PDF document.

1. Open a multi-page PDF document from "Local" in Acrobat.
  2. Go to a different page.
  3. Tap the < (Back) button to close the document.
  4. Open the same PDF document again.

Does Acrobat show the last page that you viewed?

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 17.12.15, it is the latest version. I have checked it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'll just offload the app and reinstall, I dont know what's causing this thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nlpat016​,

Thank you for checking.

But please make sure that you back up all of your books and documents locally stored on your device (by either using iTunes app or saving them to cloud storage) before you uninstall Acrobat Reader.  iOS will erase all of your local files and settings if you uninstall the app.

When you reinstall Acrobat Reader, please check the last viewed position with "Getting Started.pdf" (pre-loaded PDF document).

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't 'offloading' app keep the files on the device, just remove the app? I think they added that feature in iOS 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by 'offloading'.  But if you uninstall any iOS app, iOS (the operating system) will erase all of your local files and settings from the device.  This has not changed in the past iOS release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I checked in my AppStore, it didn't say any update was pending, so I assumed it was the latest version. In settings it's saying 17.11.30.

Talking about offloading, they've brought two options in iOS 11, 'Offload App' and 'Delete App'

Offloading keeps the data and files of the app, just removes the app, while deleting removes files of the app as well as the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working now perfectly, just updated it. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah.  Now I know what you mean.  🙂

iOS Settings > General > iPhone (or iPad) Storage > Adobe Acrobat.

Offload.png

I am glad to hear that your problems have been fixed by updating to Acrobat Reader 17.12.15.

Thank you for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines