• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where locally are annotated files saved?

Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a collection of PDFs sync'd to my device via another app (Mendeley). I choose to open a PDF from this app using Acrobat Reader. Annotations are made. I leave Reader and return to Mendeley only to find the PDF in Mendeley's respository does not contain the annotations I made in Reader. I open the file again from Mendeley and it opens up a file in Reader with a "-1" appended to the end, i.e. file-1.pdf where file.pdf was the original name. I back out to Reader's recent list, and it has file-1 and file both listed. Opening file from the recent list displays the annotated version. This is the only way I can find the annotated file. I then turn to Samsung's My Files app. Searching reveals file.pdf in the Mendeley managed repository (simply a folder in the Internal Storage) but no file-1.pdf. If I open file.pdf from My Files in Reader, it has no annotations. If I back out to Reader's recent list, I now see 3 files: file-1.pdf (with no annotations) and TWO file.pdf - one with annotations and one without. This is a brand new Android device - about a week of use. Where is the annotated file stored? After finished annotating, can Reader write the changes to the original file? Thanks!

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019, 10.1", Wi-Fi), model SM-T510

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Some files are saved locally in your mobile device while others will be required to be stored and synchronized via document cloud.

Have you checked in your document cloud if you're able to see those pdf files with the saved annotations?

Try logging in with your AdobeID and see if they are accessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines