Highlighted

Acrobat Reader is not using the Windows default mail app

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default mail app on the computer is the Mail app from Windows itself.

I have no idea why in Acrobat Reader in the 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts' it says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook)'

In no way I can change it to use the Windows Mail app. I don't want it to open the PDF as an attachment in Outlook but in the Windows Mail app

Topics

General troubleshooting, Share or review PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Reader is not using the Windows default mail app

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default mail app on the computer is the Mail app from Windows itself.

I have no idea why in Acrobat Reader in the 'Edit > Preferences > Email accounts' it says 'Default mail application (Microsoft Outlook)'

In no way I can change it to use the Windows Mail app. I don't want it to open the PDF as an attachment in Outlook but in the Windows Mail app

Topics

General troubleshooting, Share or review PDFs, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nielsherbavita,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are facing difficulty while changing the default mail application in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Please try the steps provided in the help link (https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/add-or-change-your-default-email-address-in-adobe-acrobat-dc) and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm not facing difficulty changing the default mail application. My point is that Acrobat Reader says my default email application is Microsoft Outlook, while it is not. In the settings on my computer, I have Mail app set as the default mail application.

default mail app.png

However, Acrobat Reader says my default is Microsoft Outlook, which is obviously not correct. It should show Mail app as default mail application

default mail app acrobat.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thank you for explaining the issue in more detail it makes it much easier to understand.

It is the design behavior. The default email client for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is set to Microsoft Outlook. To change the email client  from Outlook to default mail application of your system please refer to the steps shared in the video link earlier.

Let us know if you need more help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC