Highlighted

Acrobat Licensing Application hangs after login on Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

I bought a license for Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and installed a freshly downloaded version from the Adobe Website on Mac OS 10.15.1. After login with the Adobe ID I get the following screen and cannot open Adobe Acrobat. The same problem is reported here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/adobe-acrobat-2017-pro-mac-os-10-15-can-t-install/m-p/1068683... but no solution is given. Any help would be very much appreciated.  

CD Part Number ESD
CD Description Acrobat Professional Acrobat_2017_Web_WWMUI.dmg,Acrobat_2017_Web_WWMUI.xml,proxy.xml
Build Date = 20190926080144

Acrobat Licensing Application hangs after login with Adobe IDAcrobat Licensing Application hangs after login with Adobe ID

I found a solution thanks to HBushra in this thread. The problem seems to have to do with missing permissions. In order to get it to work you have to run it once with the command sudo in Terminal. Open Terminal and type: 

sudo /Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ 2017/Adobe\ Acrobat.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat

and enter the password of your user account (if you installed it somewhere else you have to change the path). After that the Acrobat Licensing Application completes and you have to accept the terms and conditions. Next time you can start it normally from dock.

Hope that helps!

Topics

Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Acrobat Licensing Application hangs after login on Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

I bought a license for Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and installed a freshly downloaded version from the Adobe Website on Mac OS 10.15.1. After login with the Adobe ID I get the following screen and cannot open Adobe Acrobat. The same problem is reported here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/adobe-acrobat-2017-pro-mac-os-10-15-can-t-install/m-p/1068683... but no solution is given. Any help would be very much appreciated.  

CD Part Number ESD
CD Description Acrobat Professional Acrobat_2017_Web_WWMUI.dmg,Acrobat_2017_Web_WWMUI.xml,proxy.xml
Build Date = 20190926080144

Acrobat Licensing Application hangs after login with Adobe IDAcrobat Licensing Application hangs after login with Adobe ID

I found a solution thanks to HBushra in this thread. The problem seems to have to do with missing permissions. In order to get it to work you have to run it once with the command sudo in Terminal. Open Terminal and type: 

sudo /Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ 2017/Adobe\ Acrobat.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat

and enter the password of your user account (if you installed it somewhere else you have to change the path). After that the Acrobat Licensing Application completes and you have to accept the terms and conditions. Next time you can start it normally from dock.

Hope that helps!

Topics

Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Acrobat Licensing Application hangs after login on Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

I'm having the exact same issue. Trying Adobe support both via online chat and phone was less than helpful. I feel like Adobe owes me $500 and several hours of my life back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

same issue.  Any resolution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

No, still the same problem even with the newest version:

CD Part Number ESD
Build Date = 20191128023712

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I've just posted on the "bug report" website. Go there an...

I've just posted on the "bug report" website. Go there and vote for the report. Maybe someone sees it then: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/39410152-adobe-l...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I found a solution thanks to HBushra in this thread. The...

Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! The sudo command solved my problem - Adobe support couldn't help in a 1hr. chat!

Thank you for sharing the solution

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I put that sudo command into Terminal and clickd return. It asks me for a password, but it does not let me type anything in. When i click "return" again, it says "wrong password, try again." Non-technical guy here. Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

@ekopc  The password you need to type in is your computer password, not your AdobeID password, as your computer is granting permissions to Adobe. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Add a group