• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Word to Adobe Pro DC

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello — When converting from Word to Adobe the formatting is not staying constant. I tried to Restore Defaults on both Word and Adobe Pro DC (including the Export wizard in Word) but nothing seems to work. When converted to a PDF the font is a different size and it seems as if the character spacing is uneven.

Another person converted the Word doc to Adobe and it does fine.

Any suggestions on how to keep all formatting?

Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making the PDF, check the option to embed fonts into the PDF.

In the Acrobat Ribbon (Adobe's PDF Maker), choose Preferences first to set the conversion settings.

PDF Embed Fonts  Word_1.png

Then delve into the the various tabs until you find the section about fonts. It's under the Advanced Options button.

Select to embed all fonts, and remove any fonts shown in the 2 lower right panels.

Embed Word fonts into PDF.Embed Word fonts into PDF.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. There are fonts listed in "Never Embed" but I can't remove them without saving the new Settings into a folder. I tried to save to C:\windows\fonts but it won't allow me to. Any idea where?

Edit: After deeper research I found where: 

• (Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8) Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings

I saved the settings as suggested. Unfortunately the converted font is a different size and the character spacing is still off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Unfortunately the converted font is a different size and the character spacing is still off." These are clues that the font information is not being built into the PDF. Can you tell us what fonts the original Word document uses?
|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, the font is Arial, nothing crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I embed the fonts on my computer? All instructions are based on sending a file to print. I don't have a printer, so I am getting a message to "install a printer first". How do I embed without a printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines