• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining forms from a portfolio without losing field data

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make a document which contains multiple instances of the same form with different data along with some non form pdf files.

I have the form layout perfectly but cannot seem to combine these forms without the data merging. I thought I had the solution with a portfolio but how can I create one merged document and keep the data intact?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Combine files , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - extremely frustrating! Adobe keeps changing my form data!

When I insert a pdf with a form into my main document - if I see "Fixing up form fields" during the process, I know my information is being changed. How do I stop it?! I tried protecting the pdf I'm adding, but protecting it prevents it being added to the main document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat flatten the pages before you combine the files.

It is not possible with the Acrobat Online Services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, went to Print Production then to Flattener Preview - is that the correct way to flatten my pdf forms? Flattening my pdf form did not prevent Adobe from changing my form data. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not, at least not for this purpose. You can do it using the Preflight tool (run the "Flatten annotations and form fields" profile) or the following JavaScript code:

this.flattenPages();

Note this process is NOT reversible, so make sure to keep a copy of the file with the unflattened fields, in case you want to change something in it later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!  Thank you so-o-o much. I have 22 pdf forms to add to a proposal and the first form data was being duplicated instead of the subsequent forms I was adding. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer, is this possible in Acrobat Standard?

I seem to have found a workaround by completing the forms with the required data and then printing the entire portfolio to PDF, once done then combining the outputted pages which works but seems a bit clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources