• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My pdf file won't convert to editable text with export pdf?? Why not?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  pdf file with text in it.  I try opening it with export pdf and then downloading either as rtf of docx and all I get is a JPEG inserted into the docs file.  The software doesn't seem to work.   Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Hi Richardb491153,

If  the PDF you're converting was created from a scanned document, OCR is necessary to convert the image text in that document to rendered text that you can select and edit in Word or Excel.

Could you please confirm the source of the pdf document? How the pdf was created, was it a scanned document?

You can check the document properties, Right click on the file>Document Properties>Security

For more information you may refer to Can't edit converted Word or Excel file

Hope this help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richardb491153,

If  the PDF you're converting was created from a scanned document, OCR is necessary to convert the image text in that document to rendered text that you can select and edit in Word or Excel.

Could you please confirm the source of the pdf document? How the pdf was created, was it a scanned document?

You can check the document properties, Right click on the file>Document Properties>Security

For more information you may refer to Can't edit converted Word or Excel file

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources