• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning PII with Adobe Scan... Secure?

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to capture document images in the field that contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII). 

I subsequently need to email that document image to a 3rd party in a secure (encrypted) format.

I realize that a .pdf file, once uploaded to the Adobe Document Cloud, can have its Document Security settings changed (using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC) to include password protection and encryption, before sharing it with a 3rd party, via email.

My question basically comes down to using Adobe Scan on a smartphone in the field to get the document image/.pdf uploaded to the Document Cloud.

How secure is a .pdf upload from Adobe Scan to the Document Cloud? Does it meet the standards for adequately protecting PII?

If not, do you have any recommendations for securely capturing sensitive information in the field, so I can subsequently ensure proper encryption and password protections, before emailing it out?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Create PDF , Manage files , Share PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Protection in CC is an important issue, but of no importance at all compared to your proposal to send the info by email. Nothing sent by email is secure. Nothing. Setting document security does not make a file secure (yes, I know). To send sensitive info it needs to be in a password protected, secured web site. You send an email telling people that it is available - but not of course telling them their password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear. Once the PII document is scanned with Adobe Scan and uploaded to the DC, the .pdf file would be encrypted in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Stored in the DC, I would send a link to the DC file in an email to the receiving party. I would NOT send a .pdf attachment in an email. The password would be comunicated seperately, using voice communications.

Is this the method you articulated in your reply?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources