• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete agreement in Adobe Sign?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for the trial version of Adobe Sign yesterday and tested how it would work to solve an issue with clients I can't currently meet face-to-face with because of COVID-19. It worked great. I sent a document from my (work) trial account to my personal email account, signed the document, and then opened the document in my (work) trial account. Super slick, I thought - this is going to be great! 

But now I can't find one single way to delete the signed (completed) agreement from within Adobe Sign and the document doesn't even appear anywhere in my Adobe Document Cloud. There are no options for deleting the document at all. I've contacted Adobe through chat and they have no solutions for this and have referred me to this page instead. I've read through past discussions and the solutions posted don't work - the screen options I get are not the same as in those solutions - perhaps because since those were posted the product has changed.

I would love help figuring out how to delete completed documents because it will be a necessary step each time I receive a signed document from a client. I don't want any of the signed documents stored in my account or on the cloud. I believe I should ultimately control that information and also should feel good about that. The documents I will be sending for signature will contain personal identifying information and I don't want them stored on the cloud.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Manage documents , Manage security and compliance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

I know this post is oldish but this might help others with same problem.

This is what you need to follow now to delete it.. And yes it works, just had to do this myself.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-sign-discussions/looking-for-an-option-to-delete-document-from-adobe-sign-we-can-help-you/m-p/11035932#M12499

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Thank you. That sort-of helped. The information at that link actually said that documents in Document Cloud with a status of "Archived" cannot be deleted. However, on a hunch, I tried another part of the instructions that did not exactly apply and they worked anyway. Below is what I did after logging into my Adobe account and navigating to the Document Cloud or anywhere at Acrobat.Adobe.com.

1.  Select the Adobe cyan/blue-green disc logo in the upper-right corner. A popup menu will appear.
  2.  Select "S

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Hi camillor87325755,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you wish to delete the document from the Adobe Acrobat Sign account, please use the steps suggested in the following help document:

1. Open the link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/

2. Sign in using the Adobe ID and password.

3. Then click on the Profile icon and select Settings.

MeenakshiNegi_0-1661795852580.png

4. Go to E-Sign settings and click on Edit settings.

MeenakshiNegi_1-1661795910128.png

5. Go to the Privacy tab and search the document using the email address used in the transaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the closest thing I have been able to find that talks about deleting agreements, user information, etc. What I cannot find is anywhere in my account where I have privacy admin rights, even though I set up the account. Maybe this is because I have a free trial and not a paid subscription to Adobe Sign - but I think that even as a free user I should be able to delete a document / control what is in my account. https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/gdpr-compliance.html#Agreements

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there - Suetrnka
I read your post as I am having the same trouble with the trial of adobe sign. I contacted Adobe and they deferred to this community.

I was able to delete one agreement, not sure how that happened because I can't replicate it again. 

Were you able to resolve this issue fully?

Regards,

Sudi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was not. I'm still very frustrated. I've seen other posts in this community asking the same question, and the responses are all the same - but the options in the responses are not available on my screen/in my account.

The only option I have on the Agreements screen in Adobe Sign is to hide it - which doesn't delete it. 

In the Account screen in Adobe Sign, I do not have Privacy tab as shown in the responses, either.

Not being able to delete completed agreements is a major problem and Adobe needs to address this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SueTrnka - 

I had been looking in the same area, then I stumbled upon this. Check it out, I'll describe as detailed as possible:

1. Log into https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/

2. Click on the blue circle in top right corner that shows your name and email. 

3. Under that you'll see "settings"

4. Select "settings"

5. Settings window -  next to signature setting --> Edit signature settings

6. Click that link. In the left pane, select Privacy.

7. Next to the spy-glass - Enter an email address associated with a known agreement.

8. It will display a list of the agreements, you can select an agreement and on the right you'll see the delete option.

Please try these steps, they worked for me. Good Luck !

Sudi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! You saved me hours of searching!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the concise instructions, it worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. It doesn't work for me. It shows up an error message "Sorry, we could not process your request. Please reload the page and try again."

Anyone has any workarounds to remove the agreements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yahooteriser:

I have experienced that the Adobe portal has done the same to me, I consider myself a persistent fellow, so I repeated the same steps afterwhich they take. So, my question is, how many times have you tried it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks spatel:

indeed "persistence" is key. The matter has been resolved for me.

Here is a shortened link for those who wish to remove their Adobe agreements in the Cloud.

Link: http://bit.ly/del-adobe-agreements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a doll, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also thank you for saving me hours of frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are most welcome - wish you a safe and happy holiday season.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to thank you spatel!

I found the agreement by entering my own email address instead of the email address of the recipient (silly, doesn't make sense) but I was able to find and delete the agreement containing confidential information because of your help!

Thanks so much!

Best regards,

Connor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for solving this. I can't imagin they would make it so painful in this age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a doll!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked perfectly.  Thank you so much for the concise instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED.

THANK YOU!! I've wasted so much time trying to solve this both on Adobe Help chat/phone (VERY disappointing customer service!) and searching thru this forum... 

WHY IS THIS SO COMPLICATED? Like the OP, I can't have my confidential work agreements sitting in a cloud.

Adobe: why is there not just a simple delete button in the Actions?  And why does using the Sign function automatically put them in the cloud in the first place?  Terrible business / privacy practices. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are a genius!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a rock star. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this never came up on my search for solutions so possibly I wasn't using the correct search terms.  This a very convoluded way for Adobe to do this, crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow--one of the best, most accurate, concise, and helpful answers to a community question that I have ever read.  Worked for me!

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer, Spatel.

--Sharen Leigh, Spring Branch, TX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the helpful tip! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help it worked perfectly for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the best. Thank you so, so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines