Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated GIF not working

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I've attempted to bring into Aero an animated GIF from Photoshop. First time I did a quick test and all was well. Gave it an action of 'play images' when the scene starts. I then went on to create my proper and final animated GIF for a project and followed the same import sequence. It doesn't work.

I've tried all sorts:

• Ensuring the image is square, less than 1024x1024

• Exported the animated gif to play once / and also forever

• Quit the project / quit Aero / restarted machine

• Tried multiple new projects

You name it, I've done it. The mad thing is that one of my test graphics that was failing to work started working later on when I'd come out of the project and had gone back in. No logic what so ever.

I attach an animated GIF to see if anyone can import okay. I've tested the GIF by loading into a browser and you can see it animate. Green light stays on for 3 seconds, followed by 8 seconds of yellow and then returning to green.

This is most frustrating and makes me lose faith in Aero. Hours wasted trying to solve this.

Many thanks in advance, Rog.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ROJ Design dont lose faith! You know you can also export as an image sequence, zip them up and import into aero 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-exporting-video-animations.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/using/add-animated-assets-aero.html

I will investigate your .gif. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. Update on this. I've tracked it down to what's causing the error. If you set each frame to be an equal amount (2 seconds/2 seconds/2seconds) then the gif plays fine within Aero. I've tried this equal frame length with different times from 1 second up to 10 seconds. No problem.

If you have one frame that is different in length, then this is what causes the error. (2seconds / 3 seconds / 2 seconds) for example.

I've been able to make a work around. So previously I was using a 3 frame animation showing a light going from green to yellow and back with different frame lengths. 3 seconds on green, 5 seconds on yellow, 3 seconds on green. I now have set up, 3 frames of green, followed by 5 frames of yellow, followed by 3 frames of green. All frames are set to 1 second each.

Luckily, file size remains pretty much the same despite all the added frames. I was using different length frames to keep the file size down.

Hope this helps anyone out there and is this a bug Adobe can fix? Whilst your at it, can you kick the Photoshop lot to sort out there 'Adobe Save for Web Error' -  Could not complete this operation, A write permissions error has occured. - That one has never been sorted.

Cheers, Rog.

Votes

Translate

Translate