Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio only supports <iframe> embed codes. I need that from Express

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe Portfolio but am not happy with the look of my project pages. So I would like to generate a web page in Express that will take over the Adobe Portfolio Page Container and give me the look I can only get through Express. I am using the Embed Module in Portfolio to do this. I started by creating a web page in Express and then used the "Publish and Share" feature to generate code for embeding the page. Here is where things are going of the rails. The code does not have an iFrame tag. Instead it starts as

<script id="asp-embed-script" data-zindex....

As a result, Adobe Portfolio is rejecting the embed code. 

For some context, if it helps any, I would love to generate a multipage website using Express. I appreciate the flexibility of it - it suits how I design, but, unless I am wrong, I can't do that since it won't generate the navigation and information architecture to connect across pages. So I am beating up Portfolio to get a little closer to that.

Thanks for any thoughts. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I did a search but you know how it goes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

You're right. You'll need an iframe to embed your Adobe Express content into Portfolio. 

Here's the syntax of an iframe from https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.ASP:

<iframe src="https://www.w3schools.com" title="W3Schools Free Online Web Tutorials"></iframe>

So after you publish and share your Adobe Express web page, do the following:

1. Swap out the src above with the URL to your Adobe Express web page
  2. Go to your Adobe Portfolio site
  3. Click the Embed button
  4. Paste your customized iframe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. You'll need an iframe to embed your Adobe Express content into Portfolio. 

Here's the syntax of an iframe from https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.ASP:

<iframe src="https://www.w3schools.com" title="W3Schools Free Online Web Tutorials"></iframe>

So after you publish and share your Adobe Express web page, do the following:

1. Swap out the src above with the URL to your Adobe Express web page
  2. Go to your Adobe Portfolio site
  3. Click the Embed button
  4. Paste your customized iframe into the Embed Code text input area & save the embed

If you need the embedded content to be a different size or have additional features, take a look at the additional attributes that you can add from the https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.ASP page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myra, I've tried your link but how do I manage to insert a slideshow I've made from Adobe Express without including the logos and banners that come with it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make a video/slideshow and publish it, it's hosted on Adobe's servers. So whatever is on the website that includes your slideshow will be embedded along with your content.

Instead, you could download the video and upload it to YouTube, but then you'll be trading Adobe's logo for YouTube's.

A no-code alternative would be to download the video, place it in InDesign, and export it with in5 (a premium plugin for InDesign). Once it's exported, you would need to upload it to your own website. in5 doesn't offer hosting, but there are some free hosting options--especially Tiiny.Host.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images you upload directly to Adobe Portfolio can be viewed in the optional LIGHTBOX VIEWER.  See below for more details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360038427913-Enabling-disabling-Lightbox-for-images

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there weren't so many glitches!  I can't use an embed code.  The website feature on Adobe Express doesn't work.  They took away Adobe Spark, I need someone to fix these bugs.  Please.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

@itsmelibeli

We're sorry to hear about this. Could you please let us know the issue you're seeing while using the embed code? Is it possible for you to share the screen recording & elaborating more on this issue to assist you further?

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Portfolio but am not happy with the look of my project pages. So I would like to generate a web page in Express that will take over the Adobe Portfolio Page Container and give me the look I can only get through Express.

By @Mark Waldo

==============

No.  Adobe Express can't replace your main Portfolio layout.  Sorry. 

At best you can embed a sample of your work into a Portfolio project page.  But surrounding elements are all generated by your Portfolio site Theme. 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360035995733-Themes-features

Portfolio is your website. Anything you embed via <iframe> is essentially an external page within a page.  With that in mind, <iframes> can have unwanted side effects like extra scrollbars, cookie warnings and limited accessibility for users who rely on assistive technologies such as screen readers and robot language translators.   For best results, use embedded iframes sparingly and only for media content (XD prototypes, video, music players, etc...).

Portfolio offers 12 Themes to choose from.  Each theme has different options for customization.   If you're unhappy with your current Theme, try another one.

https://portfolio.adobe.com/examples/

Compare Portfolio Theme Features:

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360035496294-Comparing-themes

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. I appreciate your help with my experiment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a no-code solution to creating a multi-page website that allows you design it how you'd like, you might try InDesign. Although InDesign is primarily a print layout application, you can include interactivity and use its Publish Online feature to put it online.

If you need more features than what Publish Online supports, you can use the in5 plugin for InDesign (which requires a paid subscription) to export HTML5 content. You would need to host that content yourself as opposed to having it hosted on Adobe's servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. InDesign with the HTML5 plug-in may be the way to go. I can host content myself if necessary. I'll play with Express>Portfolio just a bit more and then maybe look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines