• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bleeds and Crop

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  am newly signed up and learning to use Adobe Creative Cloud Express because I am a printer and our customers will certainly be using it to create things for free because... well FREE..

In attempting to learn how to use it, I find no way to create and image with or output a design with bleed and crops as a printer would normally require.  Does Creative Cloud Express Free or Premium versions offer this capability?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Melinda,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, we don't support this feature at the moment. It's something we are looking into, though! It sounds like an excellent idea and will let the team know about this. If you want to share for others to upvote, you can submit your feedback here, too.

Thanks,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amitej - it seems that Adobe Express may be trying to compete with other newer on-line offerings such as Canva.  As a printer, we get an increasing amount of customers using Canva to create simple files for social events.  Canva can do bleeds and crops.  Also, as a printer, if we have a customer who doesn't provide a file with bleeds and crops but they are needed, we must correct their files and we must charge them for the cost of doing so.  Since bleeds and crop marks have been a staple in commercial print for eons, I would think that this should be one thing that a software offers if it intends it's offerings to be used for print.  If, however, the express offering is not intended for print, that should be made clear and not supported.  If you want to compete, I'd strongly suggest making the bleed and crop mark offering available for those customers who wish to use it.  As a printer, again, we get inquiries as to what programs to seek for setting up files when customers can't afford to pay for professional graphic design.  I point them to Canva as I know it works well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree more. Just had to make a png and then add it to Canva to do bleed/crop marks. Cumbersome indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This is so dissapointing. I just got started with Adobe Express, but without a basic feature as bleeds and crops, I will turn back to Canva. I just spend 8 hours working on an add, and I discover that this is not an option. I downloaded the file as a PNG in order to ad the crops and bleeds there. And the design doesnĀ“t fit 100% - so I have to start all over. What a waste of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At work we use Canva as a designing tool for our customer. In comparison, the Adobe  Express is a superior product but lacks the most important element in printing. Bleed and Crops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, superior but lacking in that basic feature for which I searched high and low was frustrating. People will want to use this and print vs having to drop into another program. I pay premium for Adobe Express too and also Canva Preimum and guess having to use both. Adobe support - make this an integral feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. It ought to be a basic feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines