• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Express web page project images render pixelated on mobile devices - compression issue?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images I upload for my web page project in CC Express render pixelated on mobile devices.

This is occuring for both .png files and .jpg files. It is occuring for images uploaded to the title portion and to the glideshow.

This is occurring in mobile devices when viewing the page in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome

I have attempted:

• uploading both .jpg and .png versions of the images
  • changing the file sizes to very small
  • changing the file sizes to very large
  • uploading a variety of file sizes between small and large
  • doing the above for both .png and .jpg files

What can I do differently so my webpage images render properly on mobile devices?

I have attached screenshots of how the images appear on mobile devices, as well as examples of the files that I've uploaded.

I am creating vector graphics in Illustrator and saving as either .png or .jpg to create these files. I am not having this issue with photography-based images. This is a problem specific to the web page project feature of CC Express and how images render on mobile devices when this type of project is created.

I am a Master's level graduate student studying graphic design - please assume I understand the basics of our field and help me solve this very nuanced problem. Thank you.

IMG_6CEAAF7C64CE-1.jpegIMG_E03740C9B5DD-1.jpegActive_Voice_Campaign-21.pngActive_Voice_Campaign-22.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. Do not worry; we are here to help. We tried with a different image, checking the same task at our end. However, we got no issues. Could you please share the link to the project (Kindly DM)? We will check if there is an issue with the project. We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Many thanks for the information. This is to inform you, it's not possible for us to recommend a single "best image size" for image types that fill the screen (Title, Fill Screen, Window, Glideshow) due to the fact that the size of the image shown depends on the size of the device the viewer is viewing from. You will simultaneously have widely varying screen sizes. From very tall and narrow (like an iPhone in portrait orientation), to square (like a desktop), to very wide (like an iPhone in landscape orientation). Kindly write us back if have any issues.

Thanks,

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for your response,

The problem is occurring no matter what size file I upload.

The problem is not related to file size. There is something else going on.

Thanks,

Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally... there are plenty of GUIs that execute responsive design without the need to upload separate files. Surely the industry-leading design software company (Adobe) has the capability to incorporate this feature into its software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for writing us back. We have gone through your notes and have escalated the issue. Kindly allow us some time while we receive an update to share with you. We are keeping a close watch on this.

Thanks,

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Thank you for escalating the issue. I will await your reply.

Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience. Here we have an update to share with you. As per the team, the behavior you see results from the trade-offs we make between performance and image quality and the nature of the image used (line art/illustration). We may make tweaks to this in the future, but unfortunately, there is no short-term solution other than trying different kinds of images, such as photographs (which may not be an option). 

Thanks,

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey!

I was experiencing a similar issue when trying to schedule posts to instagram, only this time with my photography. I would use the "Instagram Post" preset for a new project and then put my pictures into multiple pages to form a carousel. But when I wanted to schedule my post and I downloaded all pages, the file sizes would be super small (1.4mb per average) and my images would be severly compressed and pixelated. 

I seem to have found a fix by creating a custom page thats much bigger 4000px by 4000px and working from there. That seems to have improved my resutls. Give it a try and see if it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines