• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does one use activated fonts on CC Express web?

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I understand this correctly, on the free web version of CC Express there are only a dozen or so Adobe fonts (the preset ones in the font selection drop down) that are accessible and in order to access ones active adobe fonts one must either pay a premium or happen to have the .otf file for the desired active Adobe font in which case the free version allows one to simply upload it via a prompt in the font selection drop down?

Q#2- That being case, if someone were to use this workaround method is the usage of that font still permissible as set forth in  the terms of the Adobe font licensing guidlines or is that negated?  

TOPICS
Subscription

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiphanilaw,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We will be happy to assist. Let me share a couple of links with complete details about activated fonts. These links include pretty detailed information about the fonts. This link will help you to use fonts. There is another link that assists you in activating the fonts. Please let us know if you need more information about fonts.

Thanks,

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, nothing stated in those links causes any changes in the fonts that are made available in the font  drop-down when working with brands in CC Express. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I created a project in Creative Cloud Express, using an activated font (Bickham Script Pro 3).  I then attempted to create a CCE brand using this project's theme, but when attempting to select the font from the dropdown, it was not showing as available, even though the font is activated in the CCE project.  Of course, I don't know have the otf file to upload to the brand management page, but I didn't think I would need to since the font is already activated in CCE, but why does it not show up when I use CCE to create a brand?  Very frustrating and I can't complete my work without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in luck I might have a simple solution for you! If you're an iPhone user you can download the CC EXPRESS APP and you're activated fonts will appear in the brand creator  font drop down. It may be the same for android but not being an android user I can't say for sure. 
As for the web app the only clue I have been able to find is a sales link that describes the free version coming with Adobe fonts and a paid vip version that has "over 20,000 fonts" I have yet to hear someone confirm what exactly that means. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tiphanilaw,
Thanks for finding that. I'm in my CC Express on iPhone but I cant see how to get to the Brand Creator in there.  Can you point in the right direction (or anybody else that's reading)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Support said that there is no option to use adobe fonts "in brand" except for "CC Express post".  I suppose they mean "posts" instead of video, etc. They provided this link for use in posts:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/express/using/custom-fonts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines